Facebook Messenger Sound?

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Why doesn't the official Facebook Messenger come with its default sound? Why is it using the WP default notification sound?

Does it use the "ding" sound on iOS or Android or their default notification sound?

Im_Q

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
It could be for a variety of reasons:
Oversight - they could've forgotten
Laziness - they don't want to
Priority - Other features were more important to get in and will be implemented later on

Also, custom notification sounds are only supported in a specific GDR (I don't remember which one) so to implement it without breaking phones with older WP8 devices that isn't up to date, they have to check for the version number and handle the logic when to send the proper push notification with the custom sound. It's easier to just not do that and let the default OS sound play.

If you have WP8.1 though, maybe you can find the sound file online somewhere and set it for that app under "notifications+actions" in settings.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Also, custom notification sounds are only supported in a specific GDR (I don't remember which one) so to implement it without breaking phones with older WP8 devices that isn't up to date, they have to check for the version number and handle the logic when to send the proper push notification with the custom sound. It's easier to just not do that and let the default OS sound play.

If you have WP8.1 though, maybe you can find the sound file online somewhere and set it for that app under "notifications+actions" in settings.

Custom tones came with GDR3. If you are on 8.1 you can download Melodia to get the official tones for specific apps.

Oh I know (but thank you :p). I was just wondering why it wasn't "out of the box" so to speak.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6