How about we complain to all the major compaies about lack of a WP8 app?

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Possible sticky thread(?) with responses/feedback/experiences perhaps? I personally have gone out of my way to find the proper mobile app feedback channel for numerous major retailers and app providers (even some I don't even use like Walmart and Target,just because they're large companies)

If we want this platform to succeed we need those key apps! It's been the main complaint of everyone I've tried to convert. "It doesn't have an american express app" "doesn't have a walmart app"...blahblahblah.

Let your voice be heard. Be polite, but inquire about a WP app. I even like to throw in something to the effect of "this is becoming a three horse race" for good measure. In the case of that Lumosity "brain exercise" startup I actually go feedback from one of the developers of their Android app saying something to the effect of "I'm learning to develop for the platform".

I know for a fact if I can call my mom and tell her there's an official Walmart app that I can coax her into dumping her Droid.

tanya shah1

Banned
Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Possible sticky thread(?) with responses/feedback/experiences perhaps? I personally have gone out of my way to find the proper mobile app feedback channel for numerous major retailers and app providers (even some I don't even use like Walmart and Target,just because they're large companies)

If we want this platform to succeed we need those key apps! It's been the main complaint of everyone I've tried to convert. "It doesn't have an american express app" "doesn't have a walmart app"...blahblahblah.

Let your voice be heard. Be polite, but inquire about a WP app. I even like to throw in something to the effect of "this is becoming a three horse race" for good measure. In the case of that Lumosity "brain exercise" startup I actually go feedback from one of the developers of their Android app saying something to the effect of "I'm learning to develop for the platform".

I know for a fact if I can call my mom and tell her there's an official Walmart app that I can coax her into dumping her Droid.

how about a petition on change (dot)org or something

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
This might be some fallback plan if you just bought a Windows Phone device uninformed and have to stick with it for months or years. Personally, I have invested a lot of money into WP. After using Windows Mobile for years I have bought a Samsung Omnia 7, a Nokia Lumia 800, a Samsung Omnia W, a Nokia Lumia 620 (I gave to my mother after a while) and a HTC 8X. And that's just the hardware. I spent also money for calendar apps because the built in one was so incredibly terrible.

I really don't understand why I should start working for Microsoft now to promote the platform, I won't get payed for it after all. It's not my job to bring apps to Windows Phone, I have another job.

The app gap is still huge, and when I buy a new phone in fall and it will most likely not be a Windows Phone. Seems to be a much easier way to get the missing or high-quality apps.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Someone should engineer an app that auto-generates emails to a ton of companies in categories. All you have to do is hit send.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte