[Guide] Office Lens

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hello! I've put together a guide for Office Lens! The scanning app that I've found to be invaluable!

Found an error, want to add something? Showcase your amazing scans? Sound off below!

I've attached it as a PDF, the processed image attached is the full picture of the main example document. (I haven't mastered formatting in a forum post itself.)

If you prefer a higher quality PDF, here's a link: Office Lens Guide PDF
I had to compress the attached PDF if get it under the site's size requirements.

6/22/2014

8/5/2014 - Office Lens has seen an update, WPCentral has it covered: http://www.windowscentral.com/office-lens-windows-phone-updated-improved-algorithm-and-more

10/3/14 - The guide has not been updated to cover new features such as the export-to-Word/Powerpoint as of today.

Attachments

• xandros9's Office Lens Guide.pdf
    762 KB · Views: 86
  • Office Lens_20140512_113837_processed.jpg
    Office Lens_20140512_113837_processed.jpg
    1,016.4 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

derekpthomas

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Office Lens will not successfully sign into my MS account and upload scans to OneNote as it did before the last update. Tried everything. Must be a bug. Any thoughts?

ludecoli

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Too bad after the last update it's messing with the text. I have no idea why but it put some random words inside the document and turned some of the pictures upside down. I'm pissed.

samorri

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
So, I'm finding office lens to be generally OK , until it does the OCR, so i've completely neglected it... adding in random words/symbols, upside down pictures too, exports dont work at times.. However, what I was most shocked to see, is that it doesn't provide export to SharePoint or Office 365.. you'd think they'd make that one of their top export priorities. Ok, so doing some hunting around, I think I've found the only app to do so is called GScan Mobile it makes clear and SMALL PDFs in like 3 color variations (bw, grayscale, and color) and the app's available in Windows Phone and Android. IF you want to have OCR, you just have to purchase the sharepoint app, GScan Online. So, I'm pleasantly pleased. There's also a couple youtube vids. Does everything I want, guess it just depends on your needs.

laevanay

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know where the .pdf files created by Office Lense are stored? Can anyone open a .pdf file that Office Lense says it created?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre