When Cozi first released to the Internet I became a fan but when I got my Windows Phone 7 and got the cold shoulder from them that they did not have plans for Windows Phone support I went to competitors products. The co-founder of Cozi, Jan Miksovsky, back in 2010 posted a very negative blog about phone ecosystems beyond iPhone and Droid. Said he hoped a quick death for Windows Phone and Blackberry. flow|state: Dear phone OSes in 3rd place and beyond: Please accelerate your demise.

I was happy to see that Cozi is now available for both WIndows 8 and WP8. It looks like a cookie cutter copy of the iPhone/droid apps and doesn't take advantage of Windows "metro" functionality like creating tiles to specific lists, etc but at least they have the app in the store.
    06-23-2014 12:16 PM
    06-23-2014 12:32 PM
    That's hilarious, especially when he's supporting both Windows Phone and Windows 8.x.

Though I am sure there is some nuance in the decision, i.e. the reality that WP is a 2nd place competitor in some markets, or at least a big 3rd place contender in others (i.e. 15-20%+ market-share). Or - and hopefully not - Microsoft paid them.
    06-23-2014 07:19 PM
    Laura, why didn't you tell me about Cozi before? Its a very nice app. I just discovered it while looking for an app to handle grocery lists. Its been on the Today Show and its a universal app on Windows Phone. Its not half bad either.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-09-2015 12:42 AM