Coming from an android phone and before then, from and iPhone, one of the things i don't like on WP is the poor quality of news app notifications. I use the Bing News app for Toast notifications, but they are slow and few.

Which is the best news app for fast notifications?
    06-26-2014 01:22 PM
    I only use Bing News and its notifications are pretty decent. Also Phonly or NextGen Reader have reasonable notifications for any RSS news feeds that you subscribe to. Hope this helps.
    06-27-2014 11:38 AM
    100% concur on this topic. On my old iPhone, I would get toast notifications from the USA Today app for "breaking news", even before they had a story written about it (global news, sports championships, financial, etc). Anything that was....well...newsworthy. My local news in Colorado also had pretty good toast notifications.

On WP, USA Today does not have any. My local news app is horrible. And the Bing News app, which I like quite a bit, has never shown me one (and yes, I have them enabled).

The only app on WP that gives me consistent Toast Notifications (beyond the typical Text, etc) is the ESPN Hub for my alerts. Now if only that app did not send me to a web page for game details....hmmmm. :)
    07-21-2014 08:16 AM