Maps app not working recently?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Are you getting any specific error messages or odd behaviour from the phone you can share with us to help you with this, or can you just simply not find any destinations? Does Here maps work or Drive?

Neyney10

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I HAVE THE same issue, since upgrading the maps to maps of the 8.1 version [the maps app upgraded when i upgraded from wp8 to wp8.1].
it cant find streets, only cities. when i type [street] [num] it doesnt work, it says "no results found".
but when i try [street] [num], [city] it gives me the Center of the city. it doesnt recognize the street.
even if i write the same street on another city, it just ignore the paremeter of a street cause he cant find it. [street] [num], [Other city] - gives me the center of the Other city.

d3zw3nas

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue. Any search I do returns a ' results not found '. Whenever I have to use maps I have to turn the phone to airplane mode and force it to use the downloaded map which works. Just switched from android to a Nokia 1520. Other than this issue I love it!

azsheepdog

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Yes there are quite a few threads on this , but no real answers. I am also having the same issue with 1 of my phones. I would link them but I am too new to post links.

Neyney10

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue. Any search I do returns a ' results not found '. Whenever I have to use maps I have to turn the phone to airplane mode and force it to use the downloaded map which works. Just switched from android to a Nokia 1520. Other than this issue I love it!

omg, you are a genius, the airplane mode does make it worf perfectly, the reason for it is still a mystry, i find it absurd that the online maps cannot detect the input, i wish there was a choice to use only downloadable maps!!

d3zw3nas

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, back from vacation and wanted to follow up. I ended up backing everything up and doing a hard reset. All works good for me now, hopefully the same for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb