Which apps do you want on windowsphone?

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
Just get me the Dish anywhere app and upgrade the swannview security app to run on windows phone 8.1 and Im hooked.

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
DIRECTV! They already have an app for Windows Phone but it's crap and has not been updated since early 2012. An app for Windows 8.1/RT would be great too!

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Some of these there are no point in official apps for. Mytube is better than any official YouTube app. Reddit recently named a third party app their official app on IOS and we have at least two great third party ones on WP. Google Maps is now quite a laggy experience on ios and PC and I prefer Here or Bing maps.

Dude, most of these great 3rd party apps are paid. I've nothing against paid apps and do believe in supporting developers but not everyone in the world has means(credit/debit cards) to buy paid apps, people are not used to it. Same for here/bing maps; they don't have the same amount of coverage worldwide as google maps. So, yes, there is always a utility for official apps. People need to come out of their own selves and think bigger. Like how official apps could make windows phone more popular/attractive to a wider number of audiences. Of course, the other half is having the quality which we too lack in official apps unfortunately.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Dude, most of these great 3rd party apps are paid. I've nothing against paid apps and do believe in supporting developers but not everyone in the world has means(credit/debit cards) to buy paid apps, people are not used to it. Same for here/bing maps; they don't have the same amount of coverage worldwide as google maps. So, yes, there is always a utility for official apps. People need to come out of their own selves and think bigger. Like how official apps could make windows phone more popular/attractive to a wider number of audiences. Of course, the other half is having the quality which we too lack in official apps unfortunately.

We should all think about the people who can spend over a hundred dollars on a phone but can't afford a1-3$ app?

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
We should all think about the people who can spend over a hundred dollars on a phone but can't afford a1-3$ app?

Yes. If you want your platform to grow. It's alright if you want to have a better experience and have the means and no problem spending money on it.
But for people who may not have the means or aren't comfortable with spending money on apps of services that are free to begin with, then yes, they need official apps.

It's a win/win. You can keep using the better 3rd party(paid) alternatives.

rohitsars

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I really wish that Windows phone platform should get an app like SuperBeam or Xender(WiFi Direct).
So that even windows phone users can also easily transfer and receive any big sized files in seconds.
It would be great if Microsoft brings such type of apps on windows phone.

Specially SuperBeam and Xender.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Few months back, I was looking for VLC and Citibank. VLC is set and now my app search will stop if Citibank India will release an official app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss