Metromail broken?

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Hmm... seems since the last update, 6/28 Metromail just kicks me back to the Start Screen. Anyone else seeing this? I've done a soft reset.
On a 928.

rudrAgni

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Unpin the pinned tile on the start screen and app should work again and u can pin the tile again . I had the same issue since last 2 updates. Even sent a mail to the dev but no reply yet.

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Dev here. I'm truly sorry about this. The app indeed has been crashing for many users for the past few days. I am not trying to shift responsibility away from me, but as far as I can tell, these are issues related with Windows Phone 8.1 and not with the app. Of course it is still my responsibility to fix it, but it has taken a lot of trial and error; I also haven't been able to really work on the app for the past week.

There are at least 2 (OS-related) bugs involved here. The first one was addressed with update 3.0.3. The second one that I am at this point aware of, hasn't been addressed yet with an update. However the removing secondary tiles fix described above is spot on as a temporary workaround. However, since the workaround seems that it doesn't work for a few users, it seems that there is probably also a third bug somewhere there (don't know yet if this is OS-related or not).

For anyone that has tried removing all secondary tiles, and is still unable to launch the app, please send me an email as I could really use your feedback for this.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info Apoelin. Here's what I have done.
I unpinned ALL Metromail tiles from the Start Screen.
I currently only have the main Metromail icon on the Start Screen and that's it. When I use this to check mail, it works. I will use it in this manner until tomorrow and then start pinning secondary tiles.
I'll keep you posted on this thread.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Been running it w/o the secondary tiles pinned to the Start Screen and it has been working fine. If it keeps working ok through the weekend, I'll pin the secondary tiles to the Start Screen.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, after giving this a try for some weeks, I just can't keep using it. While it brings some nice things to the table, I just can't deal with all the extra "push here for refresh" "tap here.."

I'm not trying to play a video game. I don't want to tap the screen EVERY TIME I need to interract with the app. Compare to the native app and I open the tile and BOOM, my emails are all there. No addl work necessary.

I'm sorry, I really did give it a chance and liked many things about it, I just couldn't deal with all the extra things I had to do just to read or reply to an email. It's a good app otherwise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett