YO messaging app finally arrives on Windows Phone

Maitrikkataria

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Acquiring more than a million users, basic functionality of this app is only a single word push notification service "YO". It has raised $1 Million in seed funding. To some it looks like Silicon Valley investors throwing money out of a car window and watching penniless entrepreneurs scramble for cash to fund their do-nothing app.

The past few weeks have been incredible for "YO", as it gained more momentum and popularity among people, who discovered how easy it is to stay in touch with just a "YO".

Screenshots

yo app.jpg

Windows Store Link

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I can't believe that this sort of software is allowed to actually be released................ Completely useless!!!!

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Hate all you want, but the app is good. If you know how to use it ofc.
Just too bad it's not THAT popular yet, only 2-3 of my friends have it.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hate all you want, but the app is good. If you know how to use it ofc.
Just too bad it's not THAT popular yet, only 2-3 of my friends have it.

Please enlighten me. What is good about being able to send someone a YO and nothing else?

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
This an app for people who think they are cool, but are not. Being cool is not about following millions of other people doing the same thing!!!!
In fact, it's the complete opposite.... I weep for the future of humanity!!!!

Maybe they are doing it 'ironically' LOL.......

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
This an app for people who think they are cool, but are not. Being cool is not about following millions of other people doing the same thing!!!!
In fact, it's the complete opposite.... I weep for the future of humanity!!!!

Maybe they are doing it 'ironically' LOL.......

Well ofcourse, it's not THAT APP THAT WILL SAVE US ALL AND PUT WP TO #1!
But it's a fun little app, with whom people are having fun. Don't like it, don't use it.
It's better to have it and have the option to use it or not, than not to have it.

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
"finally arrives on Windows Phone"

While its always nice to see more apps enter the store, this is one app I'd rather not even bother with. Yo, Hodor, wonder what other new wacky & totally pointless apps are going to come in future, while the real necessary apps are still missing or broken.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
It's better to have it and have the option to use it or not, than not to have it.

That argument is not valid anymore. I'm sure I might use a 6th finger, doesn't mean I should have one.
You have to draw the line somewhere, and I think that line has been reached....
Yo????? Jesus!!!!!!

plot_almighty

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
This app's existence is irrelevant and a credit to people too lazy to make 3 taps on a screen. Yes I've never used it, yes I'm bashing it based on reviews, no I'm not going to change that, and yes random person who will surely respond to this, I'm sure I'm an ignorant troll/consumer and/or missing the point/too stupid to see the usefulness/"hatin". Hope I saved you the trouble. I also admit I'm wasting mine/your time. Now go enjoy the app you one touch wonders.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This app's existence is irrelevant and a credit to people too lazy to make 3 taps on a screen. Yes I've never used it, yes I'm bashing it based on reviews, no I'm not going to change that, and yes random person who will surely respond to this, I'm sure I'm an ignorant troll/consumer and/or missing the point/too stupid to see the usefulness/"hatin". Hope I saved you the trouble. I also admit I'm wasting mine/your time. Now go enjoy the app you one touch wonders.

Made my day. Couldn't have been said any better. :)

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
The amount of judgement people make based off someone's use of an App is pretty laughable. I'm saying this as someone who doesn't use the App being discussed.

Especially the part about using it to try and be "cool" because other people do it. That defines the entire existence of social media...

itzkavin

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
What the hell YO does against humanity? Its as simple as a yo.. You say its meaningless, as if everything we do in life has a meaning..

Come on people, stop complaining and start yo'ing.. Yo me too at 'itzkavin'

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb