The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    The vast majority of my appointments are with a contact in my People list. Is there a way to have an appointment link to a contact?
    (Just as when addressing an email or message, one should be able to choose from a list after entering a letter or two when making a new appointment, instead of re-entering the same data.)
    I've been able to do this since Windows 3.1.....It was possible to enter a new appointment linked to a contact on a Palm Pilot with a few simple swipes! I could then list all the appointments with that contact!
    Am I missing something, or are we continuing to go backwards with our tech gear!!!!!!!!??????
    ven07 likes this.
    07-05-2014 08:46 AM
    I haven't encountered an app for this, but I can see why it would be handy
    07-05-2014 08:54 AM
    Well... it's based on Outlook right ? And Outlook is build with corporate use cases, such as for booking meeting room and calling participants into those routine work report meeting that everyone think is useless or even harmful to productivity & motivation; but the manager kept helding it several times a week anyway.
    It even has feature to check if the person you want to invite still have any open time in their calendar to schedule another meeting (via shared calendar).

Have you tried sending invitation e-mail to those peoples ?
    Yes, you have to nag your contact. But it's originally design for managers to swing their proverbial whip (progress report, progress report, progress report) on everyone

Disclaimer: never tried it because I don't feel like nagging my friends and they never use calendar to plan their social activities anyway
    Last edited by rluka; 07-05-2014 at 10:45 AM.
    ven07 likes this.
    07-05-2014 10:19 AM
    Yes you can, when creating a new event, click "more details" then towards the bottom you'll a button that says "add someone"

You can as many attendees as you want. Once the event is created an invite will go out to the attendees via email. If you have Outlook Exchange at work, it will show them on the desktop app, etc. It's fully integrated.
    Rubidad likes this.
    07-05-2014 10:36 AM
    Yes you can, when creating a new event, click "more details" then towards the bottom you'll a button that says "add someone"

You can as many attendees as you want. Once the event is created an invite will go out to the attendees via email. If you have Outlook Exchange at work, it will show them on the desktop app, etc. It's fully integrated.
    Thanks...I do not see "more details" on my desktop outlook account (not an MS exchange account), but after I have entered and saved an appointment with with the windows phone, I can read event details then choose the edit icon and scroll down to attendees and "add someone," which will open a screen where you can choose required or optional attendee. This action will then open the contact list to choose an email from that contact, then email a notification.
    This is NOT what I want to do. I see no reason to email my dentist to notify her of our appointment!
    I just want to enter the dentist's name when I choose a time for the appointment, have it link to the contact list and have the name entered (with the correct spelling, of course), not the email address
    Is this possible?
    And if not, why not.....I could do this years ago on all kinds of contact management programs on PC's as well as Pilots, including Act, Time and Chaos and Intellect, to name a few.
    07-05-2014 11:01 AM
    07-07-2014 12:24 AM
    Thanks, but I can't get these apps in USA. Also the above links do not function (open empty page)
    07-07-2014 08:17 AM
    it seems, there is some problem with the store right now. try these tomorrow. i had checked links before posting.
    07-07-2014 08:48 AM
    Check out now.
    That conference calleague app. Is free today from regular price of $2.99
    07-08-2014 09:02 PM
    it seems, there is some problem with the store right now. try these tomorrow. i had checked links before posting.
    Just tried again. Still getting page not found and try again message.
    Thanks anyway, I do appreciate the effort!
    07-09-2014 09:15 AM
    I again checked it. It seems that conference app is pulled out, only calendar so is in the store and features of both apps put together in one. Check it out.
    07-09-2014 08:23 PM
    Hi All - I am the developer of both Conference Calleague and Calendar Calleague. Both apps are still active and available (definitely available in the USA). The links were targeting the India Windows Phone Store which is why it did not work for the US gentlemen. The below links will work regardless of country (Calendar Calleague is offered everywhere, but Conference Calleague is mainly only offered in North America, Europe and a few other countries):

Calendar Calleague: Calendar Calleague | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Conference Calleague: Conference Calleague | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    07-21-2014 09:50 AM
    Hi All - I am the developer of both Conference Calleague and Calendar Calleague. Both apps are still active and available (definitely available in the USA). The links were targeting the India Windows Phone Store which is why it did not work for the US gentlemen. The below links will work regardless of country (Calendar Calleague is offered everywhere, but Conference Calleague is mainly only offered in North America, Europe and a few other countries):

Calendar Calleague: Calendar Calleague | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Conference Calleague: Conference Calleague | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    Thanks. I was able to download your calendar app. It is quite feature laden, but surpasses my simple needs.

Most of my appointments are with people: friends, dentists, doctors, etc., not with places.

I simply want to pull the name from my contact list. After all, I really don't want to type and spell "Shlegelmilch" every time I have an appointment with her! I should be able to do this once in my contacts. I also have no need to send a notification email to this person or start a conference call.

It would also be useful to see history of previous appointments with this person, too.

Maybe, I'll have to learn how to make an app myself (wishful thinking on my part).
    07-25-2014 08:39 AM