Apps gap

guillams

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Edit: Leave us the personal email of the company you want a Windows Phone app, so we can fill then with request!

More users, more Apps

Last edited:

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
No I seriously appreciate your effort and all but this isn't the way. Maybe if we bombard companies with our Emails for an offical Windows Phone app they might listen, might.

I've written an article on the App Gap, but all sites refuses to publish it, it could have something to do with the fact that my article is bad. :/

Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_380 using Tapatalk

guillams

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
No I seriously appreciate your effort and all but this isn't the way. Maybe if we bombard companies with our Emails for an offical Windows Phone app they might listen, might.

I've written an article on the App Gap, but all sites refuses to publish it, it could have something to do with the fact that my article is bad. :/

So, this treat then could change to: Leave the email of the company you want an app on WP?

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I need Hotspot Shield,Facebook (official),Youtube ( yeah,yeah i know metrotube is there but i want official),Steam apps so badly.

The Facebook app is official, Microsoft and Facebook work on it together but Microsoft published it. The latest Facebook app update is amazing and the UI has had a massive overhaul with a lot of performance improvements as well. Here's a screenshot:

5u3a4ane.png

There was in fact an official YouTube app but it was pulled by Google due to disputes with Microsoft. If you know how to deploy XAPs you can get the official YouTube app back, here's what it used to look like:

4e7yvagy

Lastly Hotspot Shield has no immediate plans to release a Windows Phone app, I asked them. Here's a screenshot:

syde5egy.png

anon8649069

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
The Facebook app is official, Microsoft and Facebook work on it together but Microsoft published it. The latest Facebook app update is amazing and the UI has had a massive overhaul with a lot of performance improvements as well. Here's a screenshot:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/07/5u3a4ane.png

There was in fact an official YouTube app but it was pulled by Google due to disputes with Microsoft. If you know how to deploy XAPs you can get the official YouTube app back, here's what it used to look like:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/07/4e7yvagy

Lastly Hotspot Shield has no immediate plans to release a Windows Phone app, I asked them. Here's a screenshot:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/07/syde5egy.png

Thank you for your detailed reply.
For youtube, I know how to deploy apps very well but I don't like deploying apps.

Facebook beta app is slow,lacks picture comment feature,lacks feelings feature and one can't edit his own comment.All these annoying things drive me crazy :mad:

Last edited:

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
The Facebook BETA update is only the first that has come, they know about the issues we are facing and are working on fixing them.

Companies don't read E-mails usually, contact them via Twitter.

anon8649069

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
As good as metrotube is, I wouldn't use the official app even if they come up with one.

If someone asks you " Does WP have official YouTube app?"
Then you'll reply "No, but we have Metrotube which is better than official one".
It isn't about better or not. Its about OFFICIAL apps.

Maitrikkataria

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
As good as metrotube is, I wouldn't use the official app even if they come up with one.

One thing that we all should remember is that there are always risks involved in using un-official third party apps, as we have seen the case with Swapchat, such apps can disappear instantly. Swapchat was a free app, but users were able to pay for removing ads. And those who paid to remove apps were later disappointed to see their app being removed from the Windows Store. The similar case was of Metrotube, in 2011, when it was released with a payment associated similar to Swapchat, it was removed from the store and developers never disclosed why! It then returned back as a free version. But we all can guess what would have happened behind the scenes.

A lot of other third party apps share the similar fate, Like the app "Instance" had over 300, 000 downloads but in August, 2013 it stopped working abruptly. I am a developer myself, and I understand that these developers worked day and night to provide us the beautiful and useful application for our mobile ecosystem. I just wanted to share the obvious facts that differentiate official apps from third party un-official applications. :smile:

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/07/5u3a4ane.png

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/07/4e7yvagy

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/07/syde5egy.png

Amazing???????? It's still horrendous! It has much less features than iOS and Android versions and barely shows you a full newsfeed. It's years behind

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Amazing???????? It's still horrendous! It has much less features than iOS and Android versions and barely shows you a full newsfeed. It's years behind

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

Compare it to the previous app for Windows Phone, it may not be on par with the Android/iOS apps but is still decent.

They are working on improving it as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett