Task app with office365 sync

Windowlino

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm searching an app for managing tasks with the ability to stay synced with outlook365/office365 tasks so I can see them as tasks (not calendar events) in my Desktop Outlook.

Or is there a build-in function in WP I didn't find?

Thanks for any suggestion or hints here, free or paid :)
Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
It's in there, but buried a bit if you've upgraded to 8.1.

In 8.0, in the calendar app, the tasks are labeled To Do and the heading appears when you swipe to the left or right.

In 8.1, in the calendar app, you tap the hamburger icon (... in the lower right corner) and then Tasks. Items added here won't show anywhere else on the phone that I know of. I suspect that Cortana should show them in Daily Glance, but she's not showing me my daily glance. I'm hoping that is fixed in the final release.

The task does appear in the task list in Office 365 for the associated MS ID account. What is cool about this is that if another user shares their Office 365 calendar with you, you can save a task to their calendar (I do this with my daughter). It's also visible in the task view of the browser-based Outlook.com account (small View: drop list in the upper right corner to get there).

Windowlino

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
OK, found that. Not the best way to keep track of open tasks... I was hoping for an app which offers tile support and perhaps action center integration, but I didn't find any in the marketplace.

Thanks anyway for your hint. Didn't know this option was hidden there.

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
2day is good for what you request. The only problem is that it doesn't sync in the background with office 365. You have to actually open the app. Neither It syncs flagged mails.

The only task list that syncs in the background is the official calendar :(

Last edited:

Windowlino

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Exactly what I was looking for :) Not having background sync is no big deal for me.

I'm using no task manager right now so I'm not sure about but my first guess it that missing flagged emails neither is a problem.

So I'll just have to find out if it is worth the three bucks for me :)

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
What I like best about the native app is that, in addition to my own, I can add tasks to any of the several calendars shared with me. And I can do it from my desktop Outlook app where I can type 60 words per minute. It's really useful when working on projects with other people. I can set reminders, appointments, etc. from desktop or phone and indicate whether I should get reminders or not.

Although OneNote doesn't provide reminders, it is also a great tasklisting tool that can be shared with others. Less structured than a tasklist, you can add in all kinds of things - pics, videos, Excel files, PDFs - related to your To Dos.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720