Have you signed up for the BBM Beta?

rluka

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Signed up. But still in waiting list. Gives a deja vu of when my dad and brother signed up for new blackberry id for their Android, and that's a public release.

Sent from my RM-885_apac_indonesia_217 using Tapatalk

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I was going to sign up, but then i stopped because of the 2 reasons: i was late and i had to be put on waiting list and the second, i don't have any people using it.

Skycloud

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
The list is full. This alone shows how interested Windows phone users in beta testing BBM. However, not providing additional details after receiving applications is a bit unnerving and unprofessional.

AwesomeLewis24

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I signed up as soon as I saw the article on WPCentral. I'm looking forward to it as I rarely use it at the moment as the only device I can use it on is my Acer Iconia tablet (which I really only use for games and spotify).

I've had some good memories of using it on my classic BB Curve 8520, so I'm looking forward to using BBM again. Although BBM was one of the main reasons I hated my BB and wanted a Lumia because of it's constant flashes, alerts, and the rest... ;)

To everyone who says they can't download it yet - it's not available yet. Blackberry are still going through the list, and so you'll have to wait just a little bit longer.. :)

OriginalLucy

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I also signed up for the beta test on a Lumia 521. The links should be sent in the next few days. Hopefully, there won't be too many bugs to fix and it will go to public quickly.

Taigatrommel

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I also signed up. Still using my BlackBerry Q10 as a secondary device and learned to like BBM back on the Bold 9900.
Looking forward to get it working on my Lumia, I am glad BBRY is trying to implement a Modern UI like interface instead of just porting over their BB10 interface.

People, please keep in mind this is the first public beta version, so it is quite understandable it won't be as feature rich as the almost one year old Android or iOS versions, let alone the native BB10 version.
As stated in the BB Beta blog, it will cover only basic chat features, more advanced stuff like BBM Channels, sticker packs, video calling and so on will be added later. Something similar again happened a year ago when they released BBM on the two major platforms.

As to the guys wondering what BBM is about or what makes it special:
BBM is virtually just another IM app, however unlike Whatsapp, which uploads and uses your contact list and the saved phone numbers, BBM uses a PIN based system. So you get your PIN and you can share it with,others, you'll also need your friends PINs in order to add them to your contact list. While this is much less convenient than Whatsapp, it is much more private, since you can fully control yourself which people you add to your BBM list and more important who adds you to their list.
Last but not least BBM features true sent/recieved/read indicators. Whatsapp for example only indicates,transferred to server, transferred to,phone. You can't check whether your buddy read your message or not.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Once it passes Beta, I'm there like Stink on a Skunk !!!!! I'm just glad it is going to get here !!!!!! As I have friends who use BB, iPhone, and Android and they all use BBM. So I will be part of the chat again outside of SMS and across all the platforms.

I don't like the BB phones, but I have always liked how well BBM worked for the users.

So if y'all are lucky enough to BETA test, all I can ask is please hurry and work the bugs out so the rest of us can get access :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs