Have you signed up for the BBM Beta?

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
He probably is in the private beta.
Blackberry has not opened the beta as yet they just took sign ups they might open it this week.
I makes sense for them to take a few days to work on the obvious bugs that BB and MS employees would have found in the Private Beta.

so we should wait by tomorrow at least we should hear something plus there is a rumour its opening tomorrow in 4 different languages on blackberry beta-zone by some people.

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I am confused .. Do I need to join the BETA ZONE or just create a BB ID .. I got one e-mail saying I got a new ID.. And I just confirmed it. Does this count? Or I have to join the beta zone to be able to download?

abahwiranta

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I am confused .. Do I need to join the BETA ZONE or just create a BB ID .. I got one e-mail saying I got a new ID.. And I just confirmed it. Does this count? Or I have to join the beta zone to be able to download?

Nope, you have to join the beta zone to be able to download BBM (later after they send you email for download link). Unfortunately the program was full, but you will add to the waiting list if you join the beta zone now.

anon(5579515)

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
He probably is in the private beta.
Blackberry has not opened the beta as yet they just took sign ups they might open it this week.
I makes sense for them to take a few days to work on the obvious bugs that BB and MS employees would have found in the Private Beta.

so we should wait by tomorrow at least we should hear something plus there is a rumour its opening tomorrow in 4 different languages on blackberry beta-zone by some people.

Yeah, Monday (UK time anyway) makes sense. I've seen people saying it takes 72 hours at least, so either this evening or by the end of Monday.

hoovermac

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I also signed up. Still using my BlackBerry Q10 as a secondary device and learned to like BBM back on the Bold 9900.
Looking forward to get it working on my Lumia, I am glad BBRY is trying to implement a Modern UI like interface instead of just porting over their BB10 interface.

People, please keep in mind this is the first public beta version, so it is quite understandable it won't be as feature rich as the almost one year old Android or iOS versions, let alone the native BB10 version.
As stated in the BB Beta blog, it will cover only basic chat features, more advanced stuff like BBM Channels, sticker packs, video calling and so on will be added later. Something similar again happened a year ago when they released BBM on the two major platforms.

As to the guys wondering what BBM is about or what makes it special:
BBM is virtually just another IM app, however unlike Whatsapp, which uploads and uses your contact list and the saved phone numbers, BBM uses a PIN based system. So you get your PIN and you can share it with,others, you'll also need your friends PINs in order to add them to your contact list. While this is much less convenient than Whatsapp, it is much more private, since you can fully control yourself which people you add to your BBM list and more important who adds you to their list.
Last but not least BBM features true sent/recieved/read indicators. Whatsapp for example only indicates,transferred to server, transferred to,phone. You can't check whether your buddy read your message or not.

The truly blue D(elivered) and green R(ead) are very nice! Another thing I really like is that when you are in the app, you can see that "__________ is writing a message..." right at the top of the message screen. A great feature!

anon(5579515)

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
The truly blue D(elivered) and green R(ead) are very nice! Another thing I really like is that when you are in the app, you can see that "__________ is writing a message..." right at the top of the message screen. A great feature!

Eh, I like it and I'll use it since I have a lot of friends on there, but I'm not overly keen on the R(ead) function. I'm notorious for just ignoring annoying people, or simply to play games...

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Waiting list is for what purpose? Those who signed up all will surely install bbm then why is this waiting list?
Sent from Lumia 925 India using tapatalk

abahwiranta

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Waiting list is for what purpose? Those who signed up all will surely install bbm then why is this waiting list?
Sent from Lumia 925 India using tapatalk

Because beta zone program for public beta BBM is already full for now, maybe they will open again later. I'm not sure either, just wait for public final release then.

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I signed up and waiting. I can't wait to see a Windows Phone "Channel" over there. It'll be like the wild West. I don't think those are moderated so the flame wars could get epic!

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
lol sorry to hear that bro its funny cuz most windows phone ppl say whats app is good enough and who needs bbm and its two years too late but beta slots filled up smh ....

i hope they allow us to download today cuz i miss my bbm i may get a cheap bb to talk to my contacts cuz i got alot there. sigh

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro