Have you signed up for the BBM Beta?

anon(5579515)

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Well I've downloaded and set it up. It feels off talking to my BlackBerry contacts off my Windows Phone now... But anyway, did anyone else find the sign up/in process extremely long? Could be due to lots of people joining but I just thought I'd put it out there. If anyone wants to make an official group for Windows Phone discussion that would be great too, my pin is 7cd65700.

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Well I've downloaded and set it up. It feels off talking to my BlackBerry contacts off my Windows Phone now... But anyway, did anyone else find the sign up/in process extremely long? Could be due to lots of people joining but I just thought I'd put it out there. If anyone wants to make an official group for Windows Phone discussion that would be great too, my pin is 7cd65700.

Noticed the same problem and reported it, they replied by saying it might be because of a bad network, well add me to any new windows phone group 7D3CBB21

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Guyz please don't give bad reviews in the store. If anyone have any issue mail them don't give bad reviews for the app in the store.

Sent from Lumia 925 India using tapatalk

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Some people shouldn't be beta testers... Especially if they have a low tolerance to bugs. Also I have noticed some have left bug reports in the review section lol...

After using the app for a few hours, I feel that it puts skype to shame. How long has the skype app been around? Since 7.x?

The bbm app has more features!
I was surprised, was expecting to see a basic app with basic features. Overall I'm impressed for a 1.0 release.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Some people shouldn't be beta testers... Especially if they have a low tolerance to bugs. Also I have noticed some have left bug reports in the review section lol...

After using the app for a few hours, I feel that it puts skype to shame. How long has the skype app been around? Since 7.x?

I was surprised, was expecting to see a basic app with basic features. Overall I'm impressed for a 1.0 release.

Like calling phone numbers?

FYI the main purpose of Skype is the Video/Conference and calls to phone numbers, not chat/groups or anything else.

But yeah, nice start for a first beta release.

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site

yea me too its a better release than the android 1.0 app honestly. when i was on andriod so imagine when its refined, gets voice calls and glympse location sharing and bbm stickers but i would make some changes to the UI.

but its good enough
when recording a voice note though it is slow to actually record

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Like calling phone numbers?

FYI the main purpose of Skype is the Video/Conference and calls to phone numbers, not chat/groups or anything else.

But yeah, nice start for a first beta release.

That aside, there are features that skype is lacking - natively delete chat history, send pictures, timestamps to name a few. Plus compared to the ios and android versions, the wp version is severely lacking.

Skype is another major brand asset, which they are not utilising to its full potential.

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Really good start. I like it. I hope they add the transparency option so I can pin it.

PS: Report bugs to the BB team, don't go around giving it one star

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
any chance of getting it soon ?... I waited for this,,, and people in the wait list got invites too.... I am so not happy right gnow

I don't know how this worked. But I guess it was like this the people in the waiting list who were having old beta zone account got added to.
As me and my bro both registered at the same time and we both were put in the waiting list.
And I was added(I am a beta zone user from last 1.5years) and my bro wasn't(he just created account of beta zone that time).

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I can't even register for the BETA, getting a HTTP 500 Internal Server Error... had to resort to using it on my iPod where it takes 5 minutes to load up in such a way that I can actually navigate the app...

azarighty

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
A few questions : My bbm is giving 000000 pin and unable to use help

1) how long was your bbm loading screen stuck in setting bbm screen?
2) are you on 8.1 preview without cyan?
3) did you connect on WiFi or 3/2G? 4) Any workarounds or tricks?

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
A few questions : My bbm is giving 000000 pin and unable to use help

1) how long was your bbm loading screen stuck in setting bbm screen?
2) are you on 8.1 preview without cyan?
3) did you connect on WiFi or 3/2G? 4) Any workarounds or tricks?

I'm using wifi and left it alone for 30 min ._.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs