Any Google Voice users using the Freetalk app?

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok, since the google killing 3rd party apps fiasco back in May, I've been on a constant search for a viable replacement app to metrotalk. While metrotalk still works, it is no longer in the store which means I'm stuck with my 920 unless I switch to damndroid or ios.

So, with that said, anyone use freetalk? The reviews are cryptic and mixed. I'd like to see a good review by someone who actually uses it.

Ciao!

Elleni BF

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I just joined WP a few weeks ago and didn't bother to download MetroTalk since I heard all GV apps were on the way out. I just tried GoVoice yesterday, but it won't login to my GV account. FreeTalk logs in, but when I try to reply to a saved thread the message goes to the newest thread, which is usually the wrong person!

Really bummed I can't side load MetroTalk on my 920!

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey Elleni, how does everything else work with Freetalk? Any issues making phone calls through it? How about receiving calls? Does the push notifications work?

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Free Talk was my daily GV app until I joined the beta for Metrotalk and purchased as soon as it was available. The rest is history.

Then I got a new phone at the beginning of June and it was removed just a couple weeks prior. I've been trying to contact the dev to see if there's any possible way I can still get it, but I'm getting no response. Not sure why his app had to be removed but Free Talk can stay, but since FT was purchased before I went back to it and have been using it daily ever since. It has it's glitches and the dev has long abandoned updating it, it's better than nothing. I know, not a glowing endorsement but such is life for a GV user on WP ...

Elleni BF

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Well, I mainly use GV for texting. I did try one outgoing call and it worked fine. I am still using the free version so, no push notifications. The bug with sending texts via the app is a deal breaker for me!

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, I mainly use GV for texting. I did try one outgoing call and it worked fine. I am still using the free version so, no push notifications. The bug with sending texts via the app is a deal breaker for me!

That bug only happen to me twice. And I send a decent number of texts to different people regularly. It's not all encompassing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs