Ok, since the google killing 3rd party apps fiasco back in May, I've been on a constant search for a viable replacement app to metrotalk. While metrotalk still works, it is no longer in the store which means I'm stuck with my 920 unless I switch to damndroid or ios.

So, with that said, anyone use freetalk? The reviews are cryptic and mixed. I'd like to see a good review by someone who actually uses it.

Ciao!
    07-14-2014 03:01 PM
    I just joined WP a few weeks ago and didn't bother to download MetroTalk since I heard all GV apps were on the way out. I just tried GoVoice yesterday, but it won't login to my GV account. FreeTalk logs in, but when I try to reply to a saved thread the message goes to the newest thread, which is usually the wrong person!

Really bummed I can't side load MetroTalk on my 920!
    07-15-2014 07:28 AM
    Hey Elleni, how does everything else work with Freetalk? Any issues making phone calls through it? How about receiving calls? Does the push notifications work?
    07-15-2014 10:07 AM
    Free Talk was my daily GV app until I joined the beta for Metrotalk and purchased as soon as it was available. The rest is history.

Then I got a new phone at the beginning of June and it was removed just a couple weeks prior. I've been trying to contact the dev to see if there's any possible way I can still get it, but I'm getting no response. Not sure why his app had to be removed but Free Talk can stay, but since FT was purchased before I went back to it and have been using it daily ever since. It has it's glitches and the dev has long abandoned updating it, it's better than nothing. I know, not a glowing endorsement but such is life for a GV user on WP ...
    07-20-2014 04:18 AM
    Well, I mainly use GV for texting. I did try one outgoing call and it worked fine. I am still using the free version so, no push notifications. The bug with sending texts via the app is a deal breaker for me!
    07-21-2014 05:10 PM
    Well, I mainly use GV for texting. I did try one outgoing call and it worked fine. I am still using the free version so, no push notifications. The bug with sending texts via the app is a deal breaker for me!
    That bug only happen to me twice. And I send a decent number of texts to different people regularly. It's not all encompassing.
    07-22-2014 02:26 AM