Bungie not making a Destiny companion app for Windows Phone?

Crimsonrellik

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
All updates: Destiny?s Companion App is Actually Useful

In the end of the article they state "Bungie says that a Windows Phone version is not planned."

This is what disappoints me these days.
Personally, I don't even care about things like vine, instagram, and others, etc. that have shunned WP and eventually made it on the platform. These matter to others, but it's the every-day smattering of commercials, news articles, and ads that constantly show new things coming out and lacking WP support.

As a gamer, I miss out on a bunch of apps on my WP.
For example: Twitch (I know there are alternative apps), TeamSpeak, Steam, Many of Ubisoft's game companion apps.
Thankfully I have an HP touchpad that I turned into a Cyaongenmod Android table. But I would prefer to have this stuff on my phone as well.

I hold on to thought of parity some day in the future, but for now.....
I just have to endure like I have been doing for a long time :p

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Of course it isn't planned. Why would they? Developing an app for 3 separate platforms is time consuming and expensive. If one of those platforms has 4% of the market, its not really worth building an app for.

I think the best we can hope for is that WP has something like 15% by the time Destiny 2 comes out, so maybe the platform will be on Bungie's radar.

TeknoBlast

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Of course it isn't planned. Why would they? Developing an app for 3 separate platforms is time consuming and expensive. If one of those platforms has 4% of the market, its not really worth building an app for.

I think the best we can hope for is that WP has something like 15% by the time Destiny 2 comes out, so maybe the platform will be on Bungie's radar.

For a suppose $500 million budget and they couldnt take the time to develop an app for WP.

Bungie just being dicks anything towards MS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs