All updates: Destiny?s Companion App is Actually Useful

In the end of the article they state "Bungie says that a Windows Phone version is not planned."

This is what disappoints me these days.
    Personally, I don't even care about things like vine, instagram, and others, etc. that have shunned WP and eventually made it on the platform. These matter to others, but it's the every-day smattering of commercials, news articles, and ads that constantly show new things coming out and lacking WP support.

As a gamer, I miss out on a bunch of apps on my WP.
    For example: Twitch (I know there are alternative apps), TeamSpeak, Steam, Many of Ubisoft's game companion apps.
    Thankfully I have an HP touchpad that I turned into a Cyaongenmod Android table. But I would prefer to have this stuff on my phone as well.

I hold on to thought of parity some day in the future, but for now.....
    I just have to endure like I have been doing for a long time :P
    07-14-2014 08:44 PM
    They might change their decision after some time
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-14-2014 09:24 PM
    Of course it isn't planned. Why would they? Developing an app for 3 separate platforms is time consuming and expensive. If one of those platforms has 4% of the market, its not really worth building an app for.

I think the best we can hope for is that WP has something like 15% by the time Destiny 2 comes out, so maybe the platform will be on Bungie's radar.
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    07-15-2014 08:54 AM
    Of course it isn't planned. Why would they? Developing an app for 3 separate platforms is time consuming and expensive. If one of those platforms has 4% of the market, its not really worth building an app for.

I think the best we can hope for is that WP has something like 15% by the time Destiny 2 comes out, so maybe the platform will be on Bungie's radar.
    For a suppose $500 million budget and they couldnt take the time to develop an app for WP.

Bungie just being dicks anything towards MS.
    scott thompson5 likes this.
    07-25-2014 10:51 AM
    lets remember that Bungie are only as big as they are because of halo for the xbox and xbox 360 wich is owned by MS
    08-28-2014 05:05 PM