Bugs and defects on BBM beta app on windows phone

azarighty

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
u all can use this thread to report bugs on bbm beta 1st realese
https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/threads/view/23648
pls submit the survey provided by d bbm team to help them to sort out d bugs
nd pls dont review it as final build, its d first beta release nd i m quite happy with its performance

Its saying the email is invalid. I. Entirely sure I used it to register in betazone I'm using it on my mobile not comp

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Issues for me are

- High battery drain especially on 4G data.
- Phone gets hot (started recently while using the app and I mean really hot).
- Slow and lags generally (At times is fast others idk just slow more than i would like).
- Hug emote gives a smile instead of hug.
- Contacts and chats missing when the app is opened.
- Voice notes are slow to record.
- Switching to multi-select mode does is slow and changes from grid to list only when I try to scroll the list.
- Adding to contact categories are slow
- Message, voice note, picture sending / receiving failures.
- Gives retry message when trying to load the app on 4G data
- Feeds is jerky when expanding a contact picture / scrolling could be faster
- Notifications are sometimes hit or miss (A few occasions i got no notification until i opened the app).
- Force closes especially if the app can't make a connection to Wi-Fi / data or when you click to view your profile.
- If you change your BBM notification sound in windows Ringtones+sound. While in the app it still plays the default bbm tone and I does not reflect the change. i.e with the app close i get the notification sound I selected.
- cant handle web addressed properly. (it recognizes numbers in the web address as phone number or pins, it only recognises www.xyz.com for example.
- saving pictures by taping and holding the image in chat then selecting save gives you a grainy poor photo even if u requested and received a high quality image.
- opening a image from chat and hit the back button takes you to the last message received and not back to the part of the thread you were reading. (this if you scroll up to older messages it jumps to new / last received.)

mesamit

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
once you uninstall and reinstall app....you are not able to join back to group you have already joined before uninstalling.....and it crashes in group chat horrible...since I am not able to join group.....with only contacts in the list now....BBM is not crashing anymore.......maybe issue is with group chat...

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
BBM has been having issues on other platforms too - mainly groups not synching properly. It's 10x worse on WP; the app crashes repeatedly, the Live Tile stops working, notifications don't come through.

Hopefully BlackBerry get updates out.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, change log for the recent bbm update (check your emails - I just got this)

In This Build

Fixed Issues:

? BBM takes too long to open

? Takes too long to switch from old device to a new one

? Cannot send email invites. the invites go into inbox as emails

? Device global language settings don't appear to be changing all of the text within the BBM app

? WiFi Out of Coverage Windows Phone doesn't send queued invites/acceptances

? When location is turned off and send location in chat a toast or dialog should appear to inform user and turn the location on

? Group profile picture change not affecting the pinned tile image

? Group tile is splatted, but Contacts Pivot is not

Known Issues

The following are known issues with this build:

? In some WP8.1 devices, stuck in launch screen. Need to exit and re-launch

? There occur occasional crashes in low memory devices (Nokia Lumia 520, 720 - Out of memory exceptions )

? Error popup appears when using “Find Friends” and the “OK” button is selected

Adirocks

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
BBM beta gets the first update
Changes noticed on First impression
1.Setting up BBM bug Is still there
2. there is no loading circle on loading screen now just a pop on BBM icon
3.app is loading faster now
4. Time zone problem is still there

ambeatz

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I have had no serious issues yet on my Lumia 520. After the update. It is just minor bugs that need to be fixed. It did crash when trying to send a picture using the camera.

melwolfer

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
One of my individual chats has the traditional D and R designations to show message was delivered and received. Another individual chat has colored bullets. Is this a bug or some setting that I need to change?
MWolfer

ambeatz

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
One of my individual chats has the traditional D and R designations to show message was delivered and received. Another individual chat has colored bullets. Is this a bug or some setting that I need to change?
MWolfer

not a bug, I have had the same issue when sending messages something's. Either the recipient is not online or something. Or theirs no data connection between ya'll. Sometimes you have to resend the message. But the problem is not only on WP. Blackberry itself have those problems also. If you sending to one person and its delivered while the other person its not. So the problem is not a bug lol but no data connection. Example the phone is off or out of signal.

melwolfer

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
not a bug, I have had the same issue when sending messages something's. Either the recipient is not online or something. Or theirs no data connection between ya'll. Sometimes you have to resend the message. But the problem is not only on WP. Blackberry itself have those problems also. If you sending to one person and its delivered while the other person its not. So the problem is not a bug lol but no data connection. Example the phone is off or out of signal.

Thanks for the response.

The other person gets the messages they are just not marked as such in BBM. I will check his settings.

allysisa

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Every time I press my bbm icon it saying setting up loads then says I've no contacts at least 4 times a day I've got to reinstall it it will come back with my contacts then they will disappear again grrrrr

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I get the same issues. I got lucky (this time). I had pinned a tile for my conversation with my son. After finding everything gone, I decided to try tapping on it and voil? everything came back.

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site

its a bug if your are sending to a windows phone user as normally with BBM that's running in the background like all the other platforms messages send right away ... on windows phone the app goes into suspend and as such you get the tick and no D. where as on other platforms the tick means delivered to the server and the are probably out of cellular / WiFi range or phone off. with windows phone its out of cellular / WiFi range, phone off or person has not opened the app for the messages to deliver this causes voice notes and photos to expire when you share them or when people send them to you meaning they never send or receive unless you have the app open this annoys me greatly ....

myoujin

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
What is going with my BBM. I reinstall my BBM but group not recover. Everyday I receive notification. But nothing new message or feeds. Very annoying.

allysisa

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Same as mine, about 8 times aday I have to reinstall it the chats goes it deletes and blocked 3 of my contacts at random so now they stop adding me as I have to ask everyday.........

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Before Lumia Cyan Update on my Lumia 920. The BBM Beta worked pretty good for a beta apps. Only recently, I found out that the notifications for BBM Beta stop working after I updated to Lumia Cyan. No toast notification, Live Tile. Only when you open the app, then some of the message will pop out. Not all, just some. Wonder what went wrong after the Lumia Cyan update on the BBM Beta.

danijel0000

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed BBM on my phone keeps crashing lately. Ex., when I pick contact, BBM shuts down, and it can go on like that all day.

Tried to reinstall it, and the same thing repeats on and on.

4ny0n3

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
The app needs to be able to send messages in the background. If you write a message and hit send and immediately leave the app, it won't be sent unless you resume it.

Andre Franc

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi, need help here. My BBM icon went missing from my screen and my app list. I can't uninstall it, and I can't install a new one because my store keeps telling me that BBM is installed. How can I uninstall hidden apps like this? Thank.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire