Bugs and defects on BBM beta app on windows phone

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Well over the past days now, I have noticed some bugs , the app resumes late ie. It takes time to resume, when you reboot your phone the apps starts afresh, no contacts no chats no feeds, until you restart the app, have even noticed that the app drains alot of juice from the battery, and the app always crashes when someone shares a pic to you and you try to view it, are you noticing any of this bugs or something else

azarighty

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I tried with 3 different emails and still get 0000000 pin and crash issues, yes I tried multiple reinstalls and restarts to no avail help

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I had the same problem eventually I gave up and just let it go figured I'd wait till the next update and it worked itself out so just leave it alone and keep opening the app and let it run and maybe it'll work itself out

henry.gray

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting the disappearance of the contacts and messaging history and if I click on my profile picture I go back to the start screen, the only way I have found to solve this at present is to uninstall the app and re-install it.

neilmann

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Need to make sure you guys are posting issues to the discussion on the betazone site, the developers check there for feedback. They can't fix issued they don't know about :)

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Action Center and Toast Notifications
- Toast notifications should show who messaged and not you have a new bbm message.
- Action center should also show who messaged.

Live Tile

- Transparent tile support

- Flat icon or use a larger version of the icon used on the lock-screen as main tile icon

- Keep the red splat i love that (unique).

- Feeds update could scroll on the live tile when there are not messages or in-between message notification. (when a contact changes a picture it will become the background for the live tile for a period of time.) (status updates and the users bbm name will now hover over the various tile background images while the message counter is visible at all times.)

- Tile should show who sent you a message and a preview or at least the BBM names of the last 3 person who sent you messages along with the counter.

Chats

- I would like Bigger profile pictures and slightly bigger text for contact name and message sent/received.

- A button to enable multi select to end chats.

- long press on a chat to Delete a chat should not have a blue background it looks off to me.
Chats UI (in a chat).

- Contact pictures should be within the chat bubble.

- Contact picture should be in the top left corner and take up that entire height of the blue header bar. The blue header bar will start from the right edge of the a contacts picture till the right edge of the screen.

- Slightly bigger text at least as an option.

- The emote icon should have some colour.

- The gold dot(new message icon), D, R, Sending ))) icon, and X seems fuzzy and not clear on my end. The android, IOS and blackberry version of those icons seem razor sharp.

- Faster / smother voice note sharing (it's a bit slow).

I think including the icon in the chat area would be faster.(eg. The voice note icon can be next to the emote icon. if one taps and holds it records. Letting go of the voice note icon sends the voice note but sliding the to left will delete the voice note. This can work for the android , Blackberry 10 and IOS version as well not just windows.).

- Share menu within chats can do with a bit of blackberry style injected unless windows limits how it looks cuz whatsapp has that same drab looking share menu. (maybe more colour and nicer icons).

Groups
-Should have its on section where "chats, contact, and feeds" are so when channels rolls out it would be "feeds, chats, -contacts, groups and channels".

- I don't like groups in my contacts section. If it must stay please put it to the bottom or allow people who don't use groups to turn it off. so if i'm added to a group it will turn back on automatically.

Contacts
- Contacts in grid view could have larger images and be centred not aligned to the left. The scroll bar in grid view should be to the edge of the screen like it is in chats.

- List view of contacts can also do with larger icons.

General UI
-In the app I would prefer my profile picture be larger right in the left edge taking up the full height of the blue bar

.-Status text to small a slight bump up would be cool.

- Too much space between the blue header bar and where "chats, feeds, and contacts are".

- Feeds when taping to expand a picture is a bit jerky and scroll can be faster.

- The toast notification while in the app is a bit jarring since it seems to pick up the system UI colour (a blue or white would be cool. i.e. don't use system colours).

- Slightly larger clearer lock-screen icon if possible ( it is blurry).

-If I change the notification sound in windows Ringtones+sounds, when I am in the app and another notification comes in it should ideally pick up that change I made as well and play the same sound. Currently I get one tone when out of the app and in the app I get the default BBM tone. could be a bug Ideally I don't think we should get another tone when we open the app and it loads the messages that came in at all or have the option to disable it

APP Improvements.
- Speed make bbm a speed demon its quite nice when it does not force close (crash) and when it loads fully but loading takes long.
- Work with MS to make it always run in memory so it loads faster or as I said fix load times as I have to wait 30 seconds to a minute for all new messages to load in the app after it resumes from suspend. I rather it run all the time like android as I use it allot.
- Login Signup needs to be faster and seamless.hangs and causes phone to heat up..
- Contacts should tell me how much contacts I have in total some where in that view, as well as each contact category should tell me how much contacts it contains.
- Invites Add contacts has allot of bugs -_- I cant accept invitations some times. Work needs to be done here and suggestions take a while to load.
- Changing to multi-select mode in contacts as well as move to category is slow painfully. For some reason it does not change from grid view to multi-select until i try to scroll. Adding people to a category is also really slow.
- Contacts comes up ad blank/ empty even though i have like 40+ contacts forcing me to close and reopen the app.

- App splash screen should use Windows Phone loading dots I like the circle its kind of sexy but I would rather see the Windows phone dots.

- Emotes may not be properly mapped in the app. I tried to send a hug and got a smiley face.this should be checked.
- Button to remove status updates and picture updates from a chat before you send a message is too small (only when you click on some ones status / picture change in feeds and it opens a chat after with box containing status or picture).
- How fast the app loads also seems dependant on WiFi connection / data connection quality.
- Messaging / Notifications on EDGE, 3G and 4G seems wonky at times.
- Now that I am using the app more I also notice there is a slight increase in my battery drain. maybe some refinement is needed other than speed.

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Need to make sure you guys are posting issues to the discussion on the betazone site, the developers check there for feedback. They can't fix issued they don't know about :)

^^ see that that long carefully layed out list of stuff above there yes that long thing. If beta zone allowed me to send it in that order neatly without errors and HTML tags randomly popping up in the middle of it would be cool.

i have posted this in the discussion no one cared to read it expect one. other ideas I over looked by other peoples trivial issues with the app and people begging to get invited to the beta. then we could get serious about this app getting fixed as it stands there are a good bit of people there who are not cut out to be beta testers smh.

i have even gone as far as to do illustrations in Photoshop as to how some changes should look and feel.

feeds is jerky at best and because the app suspends you would tend to miss allot of updates in feeds and some notifications.
my main issue is BBM should be one of the apps allowed to run constantly like the upcoming lock-screen app. like the android version bbm for windows phone should be always running.

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
wow it wont register web address properly especially those with numbers in it hmmmn
it will recognize www.xyz.com
if there is any thing like /yadayadayada/4578328/post2334 after the .com
it will pic up the numbers as a phone number and not the whole thing as an web address

azarighty

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
A few questions : My bbm is giving 000000 pin and unable to use help

1) how long was your bbm loading screen stuck in setting bbm screen?
2) are you on 8.1 preview without cyan?
3) did you connect on WiFi or 3/2G? 4) Any workarounds or tricks?

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
A few questions : My bbm is giving 000000 pin and unable to use help

1) how long was your bbm loading screen stuck in setting bbm screen?
2) are you on 8.1 preview without cyan?
3) did you connect on WiFi or 3/2G? 4) Any workarounds or tricks?

I had that problem when I loggin in with my bbId.
I closed the app and reopened it and it worked

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb