If I purchase the ProShot camera app will it allow me to attach and share a photo in Gmail...

yeto

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
the same as the native camera app? I have the trial version of ProShot and it will not allow this. Really all I am looking for is a simple delay shot timer. I have tried the Nokia camera app but it will only delay for 10 seconds and I need a longer time frame. I have also tried Auto Timer Camera but I didn't see where it gave me the option to attach the photo to Gmail.

Thanks in advance for any help,
yeto

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
ProShot uses the standard share settings, allowing you to select any email account you have set up on your phone.

If the timer does not allow enough time delay and you want to use Auto Timer Camera, you can always share from your camera roll. I know that's not a perfect workaround, but I've not seen too many camera timers that allow you more than 10 seconds to get in front of the camera...

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
ProShot allows a self-timer delay of up to 30 seconds. And photos are saved to standard folders so gmail shouldn't have any problem attaching them

yeto

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
ProShot allows a self-timer delay of up to 30 seconds. And photos are saved to standard folders so gmail shouldn't have any problem attaching them

If I am understanding correctly, even with the paid version of ProShot, I will have to go to camera roll to attach to Gmail?

Thanks,
yeto

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

I gladly stand corrected! I haven't had a need for the self-timer in ProShot and the slider defaults to 10 secs, but sliding to the right, it indeed goes up to 30 seconds.

Directly from the ProShot app, you can view the pic you just shot and share it via e-mail (any installed account), txt msg, OneDrive, OneNote, NFC, and any other app that allows uploading from camera (i.e., facebook, twitter, instagram). It is very well integrated with the native camera app.

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
If I am understanding correctly, even with the paid version of ProShot, I will have to go to camera roll to attach to Gmail?

I don't use gmail, but in Outlook, I can start an email, tap the Attach button, then navigate through my photo folders, including Camera Roll, and attach the recently shot picture

Let me rephrase this: You can start with ProShot and share the photo using gmail, OR, you can start with email and attach the photo from the Camera roll folder. If your gmail is setup as an email account in WP, you shouldn't have a problem.

Last edited:

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

Thanks,
yeto

No. Read my last post. You can share via email, text, or any other app that allows uploading of photos directly from the ProShot app.

yeto

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to all who replied. This will really help me out. I will purchase the app.

Again, thank you for taking time out of your day to help,
yeto

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The self-timer mode in ProShot also has a few extras. You can enable "multi-shot" to take 3 pics in a row (separated by 3 seconds), plus there is an audible countdown beep that starts at 3 seconds and changes pitch just before the photo is taken.

To see how easy it is to share images using ProShot, please check out this video @0:15 - 0:22 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUbtGvNzzVE

The video above shows how to share to Instagram, but it is just as easy to share to MMS, Gmail, Facebook, etc.

I hope you enjoy ProShot! :)

yeto

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The self-timer is Awwwwwwwwwsome. Is there an updated manual somewhere? I visited the website but I couldn't fine one. The manual that is posted doesn't match the way my ProShot looks and I don't understand all of the features.

Thanks,
yeto

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The self-timer is Awwwwwwwwwsome. Is there an updated manual somewhere? I visited the website but I couldn't fine one. The manual that is posted doesn't match the way my ProShot looks and I don't understand all of the features.

Thanks,
yeto

I'm sorry that it is so out-of-date, it's still something I need to get around to updating :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven