Does the Waze in-app volume control work for anyone?

trwrt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I have a Lumia 520 running Black (not dev preview).

I like to listen to podcasts over bluetooth in my car when I'm on the type of longer drive where I also like to use Waze. The problem is that the voice prompts from Waze are at a substantially higher volume than my podcasts generally are, so if I have the car stereo volume set to hear the podcast comfortably the voice prompts just about knock me off the road (not really, but you get the idea).

I see in the Waze "sound" settings there is a volume control but it doesn't seem to do anything on my phone. Does it work on anyone else's? I looked at the waze.com forums and saw a couple of people reporting this with no response and it doesn't appear on their list of "known problems", so I'm wondering if it's just my phone or what.

trwrt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, well I guess I will keep investigating then if it should work. Today I tried it through the headphone output into the AUX-in on my stereo and it was the same as over bluetooth, the Waze volume control had no effect on the voice nav volume. I have a 925 coming in a couple of days, I'll try it on that and see if there's any difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon