Youtube app issues

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys from last 2 days none of the youtube apps are working on my device.
I tried 3 apps youtube HD,my tube,metrotube.
Youtube HD stucks at opening video.
Mytube restart the video after every 20-30 sec.
Metrotube shows a warning "an error while loading the video" with two option play on website or cancel.
I tried that same video on browser and it works perfectly fine.
Tested that video on my sis android device in youtube app and it loaded without any issue.
Tried reinstalling the apps,soft reseted my device too.
Can anyone suggest me any other method ?
I have Lumia 520 running WP8.1 dev preview.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I gave up with these issues and downgraded my device to windows phone 8.0 via nokia recovery tool. everything is fine now. :unhappy:

Do you know any youtube player which works on WP8.1?
As I cant downgrade to WP8 right now cause my pc is broked(some issue with the motherboard so it is up for repairing).

Flaker

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I noticed some videos were giving me problems (Metrotube, Tubecast and MyTube). They did not start at all, I think TubeCast said "Forbidden Content", Metrotube offered to open using the web and MyTube just hanged. I have a 925 with Cyan installed.

Today Metrotube updated and some of those videos started working ... maybe a change on Youtube backend? I don't know but try the latest Metrotube, it might work for you too.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I noticed some videos were giving me problems (Metrotube, Tubecast and MyTube). They did not start at all, I think TubeCast said "Forbidden Content", Metrotube offered to open using the web and MyTube just hanged. I have a 925 with Cyan installed.

Today Metrotube updated and some of those videos started working ... maybe a change on Youtube backend? I don't know but try the latest Metrotube, it might work for you too.
Metrotube is already updated and youtube HD got updated twice today.I don't guess this is youtube backend problem cause my sis android device play the videos flawessly and even videos on IE works fine on my device only apps are giving me issues.
I had just installed mytube beta version description shows for wp8.1 hope it works perfectly.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Not sure but everything is working fine here on my windows phone 8 lumia 920. Why not try to downgrade your device from a another computer (asking a friend ? )

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077