The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
07-28-2014 05:32 PM
120 1234 ...
tools
    I don't understand why everyone is saying that the icons are stars. My email and text messages appear just like they do on a regular lock screen.
    Same here... ??
    Guytronic likes this.
    07-26-2014 10:25 AM
    Venetasoft's app is much nicer than MS's.
    Agree, I really liked their 4th one(zoom) and their tokyo one is better than what we have in this app.
    07-26-2014 01:04 PM
    The ridiculous hype for a terrible lock screen app.
    What ridiculous hype?
    It was teased at the build conference.
    Then users waited around for it and now we have it in "beta" with the usual complaints\no complaints back and forth.

Same old forum scenario...
    07-26-2014 01:38 PM
    Well I wouldn't necessarily call saying how disappointing this app is feedback since what was constructive about it to provide the developer with viable improvements? We took the notion of the lock screen and ran with it. No one said it would change the world. They updated us, gave us a preview and then allowed us to Beta test. I suspect it will only get better, but why not suggest how to make it better, for example there should be recommendations on what types of screens will maximize the experience.
    07-26-2014 02:01 PM
    Do you mean the one where it ddiagonally cuts away the first number of the 24 hours format time? That is some bad *** terrible design. Who the hell thought this was useful or good looking?
    Nah the one where it animates diagonally...its pretty sweet on my 1520...and yea that cut off first number was dumb unless you have the right photo it makes no sense
    Guytronic and elmacho like this.
    07-26-2014 02:19 PM
    I new this would happen! Why cant humans be happy creatures?
    Guytronic, guillams and LumiaWorld like this.
    07-26-2014 02:22 PM
    Tried it, uninstalled it, just like Bing rewards web wrapper app.
    07-26-2014 03:02 PM
    It is in BETA and a lot more is coming soon, such as improvements in performance and visuals.

Rudy Huyn is working on this app and he has never disappointed us, with any of his apps.
    Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_380 using Tapatalk
    07-26-2014 06:53 PM
    Expected more informations to be available to the screen.
    It's official from Microsoft, so it has the potential to be a way for developers to present things on the lock screen.

Well, waiting for reviews of the next versions.
    07-26-2014 07:24 PM
    It's in BETA okay... And the app was made by Rudy Huyn so I'm sure that after some updates, this 'overhyped' lock screen will be the best!
    broughshane likes this.
    07-26-2014 07:29 PM
    So this app has been developed for months, and this is what they come up with?

- slow and laggy (forgiven because it is beta)
    - uninspiring designs, they practically look alike and the clock is unreadable
    - notification icons only show stars for everything. Makes it a lesser experience than the default lock screen.
    - The Bing icon on Bing wallpapers is not removed and looks ugly and sometimes is in the way of the alarm icon. Amazing weather HD nicely removes this Bing icon, so it is possible.

What a disappointment!
    - Yeah, not sure what lag is going on, but I do expect optimizations
    - Huh? 4 have digital clocks, one is text, while I'm using the analog. How are they unreadable?
    - Hopefully gets fixed
    - I can see this being bothersome, maybe placement will be helpful? Not sure.

Hopefully, though, and it is Rudy we're talking about, a fix is quickly on the way. So good luck Rudy! Much appreciated work so far. I do like the designs, though wish the different color clock design (#2) could change colors, either picked or like the task bar in Windows 8. ;)
    broughshane likes this.
    07-26-2014 07:39 PM
    Just waiting for the API to go public. Then we'll get to tap into the incredible potential of the entire WP dev community.
    07-26-2014 07:44 PM
    People should view this app as a proof of concept. We get animated lock screen now. Imagine what other dev can do with the API. Animate weather on lock screen, news feed, live score maybe?
    Pete likes this.
    07-26-2014 07:51 PM
    I don't understand why everyone is saying that the icons are stars. My email and text messages appear just like they do on a regular lock screen.
    Messaging and e-mail come up normal, but third-party apps show the stars. I noticed it today when I had a Facebook notification.
    07-26-2014 09:07 PM
    Messaging and e-mail come up normal, but third-party apps show the stars. I noticed it today when I had a Facebook notification.
    Same here with the star. It's was my wpcentral app, wonder if other apps show up the same way with the star.
    07-26-2014 09:34 PM
    Same here with the star. It's was my wpcentral app, wonder if other apps show up the same way with the star.
    Wouldn't surprise me. I'm hoping they find a way to link into the notification icons somehow. Maybe get help from Nokia (Glance)?
    07-26-2014 09:55 PM
    Yup, I see that now.
    07-26-2014 11:36 PM
    07-26-2014 11:53 PM
    some icons like battery performance have star icons
    07-26-2014 11:57 PM
    So this app has been developed for months, and this is what they come up with?

- slow and laggy (forgiven because it is beta)
    - uninspiring designs, they practically look alike and the clock is unreadable
    - notification icons only show stars for everything. Makes it a lesser experience than the default lock screen.
    - The Bing icon on Bing wallpapers is not removed and looks ugly and sometimes is in the way of the alarm icon. Amazing weather HD nicely removes this Bing icon, so it is possible.

What a disappointment!
    I agree, as usual, lack of customization (colors and shapes and positions). That star notification is plainly ugly and doesn't notify a lot of things like Line messages (and lost a lot on weekend), no weather in the slanted versions.

We're going downhill. I am uninstalling it and going back to my previous weather app. May not be so famous but it shows what i need.
    07-27-2014 03:06 AM
    I have to agree.

I was excited about this when I saw the demo. Now I tested this for 10 minutes and its like meh. I think the fonts used in most of them are pretty childish and ruin the whole look. Weird layout is also the one that has a "split slice" and some of the text going under the picture. Its very weird because it hides the date. Thats pretty important number, to me at least.

A lot of MS releases are in beta. Clearly indicating that they are playing catch up, but to me its getting old. Does MS think that splapping a "BETA" behind the tittle of the release is a free pass if the app is isht?

I dont know, however Im not complaining as I dont have to use it! I unintalled it and dont expect to instal it either for a long time, because even if the lag is fixed, I think most of the design (fonts) is very unprofessional looking and clunky.
    Last edited by Loco5150; 07-27-2014 at 05:50 AM.
    Kram Sacul and Andrew Gordon like this.
    07-27-2014 04:37 AM
    Pro tip: Complaining and whining are different from giving feedback.

Example of cry-babying:
    - Ugh app so slow laggy etc. I uninstall!! Kk bye

Example of a feedback:
    - App is noticeably laggy and slow.

Don't attack. Discuss.
    07-27-2014 04:40 AM
    What ridiculous hype?
    It was teased at the build conference.
    Then users waited around for it and now we have it in "beta" with the usual complaints\no complaints back and forth.
    I agree. The hype was created by people that were excited for it, not MS. It was a nice tease of things to come at Build 2014. The disappointment comes from the app being so badly put together, both in design (fonts) and performance. Hopefully both issues will be fixed sooner than later.
    07-27-2014 05:01 AM
    I agree. The hype was created by people that were excited for it, not MS. It was a nice tease of things to come at Build 2014. The disappointment comes from the app being so badly put together, both in design (fonts) and performance. Hopefully both issues will be fixed sooner than later.
    Wrong!

The hype was created BY Microsoft. Out of the million developments going on at MS, they chose to show the lockscreen app at the OPENING presentation, like it was going to be awesome. Anything that is announced at an opening presentation of such a big event is supposed to be a big thing for them. Otherwise, very poor picking of subjects for their presentation.

And then, lately they just release everything half arsed as a beta, and let us wait trice as long for a stable release. I mean if we didn't have a DP of WP8.1, getting WP8.1 with a notification center and few other things in august 2014 is just laughable.
    07-27-2014 05:18 AM
    Wrong!

The hype was created BY Microsoft. Out of the million developments going on at MS, they chose to show the lockscreen app at the OPENING presentation, like it was going to be awesome. Anything that is announced at an opening presentation of such a big event is supposed to be a big thing for them. Otherwise, very poor picking of subjects for their presentation.

And then, lately they just release everything half arsed as a beta, and let us wait trice as long for a stable release. I mean if we didn't have a DP of WP8.1, getting WP8.1 with a notification center and few other things in august 2014 is just laughable.
    exactly my thoughts, its Truly laughable..
    07-27-2014 05:35 AM
120 1234 ...