The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
07-28-2014 05:32 PM
120 12345
tools
    Wrong!

The hype was created BY Microsoft. Out of the million developments going on at MS, they chose to show the lockscreen app at the OPENING presentation, like it was going to be awesome. Anything that is announced at an opening presentation of such a big event is supposed to be a big thing for them. Otherwise, very poor picking of subjects for their presentation.

And then, lately they just release everything half arsed as a beta, and let us wait trice as long for a stable release. I mean if we didn't have a DP of WP8.1, getting WP8.1 with a notification center and few other things in august 2014 is just laughable.
    you don't deserve to be a windows phone user. How can you say that windows phone getting 8.1 features in august is laughable. you should be grateful that microsoft even bothers to catch up to ios and android. Yeah they are releasing things as a beta but they'll get fixed later. And you don't see ios users saying that either.
    Karthik Naik and wpn00b like this.
    07-27-2014 05:39 AM
    Lets all agree to disagree
    07-27-2014 06:02 AM
    Lets all agree to disagree
    Rather than disagree, post suggestions for improvement, likes (& hates), what looks good, what doesn't - be specific ... possibly something the DEVs (Rudy H) haven't thought of. My post #20 suggested changes, not all of them will look good, but, if 75% of the people post looking for ... then it should be there (if it can be worked out).

Don't trash it, improve it.
    wpn00b likes this.
    07-27-2014 08:36 AM
    Waste of time! This long for something which seems so basic in functionality??? I was expecting something serious with a lot of interactivity, you know, like an app.
    How about the following:
    >Real-time weather updates;
    >Some fancy animations across the lock screen;
    >Maybe when you move the phone around, it use the gyro to show you the stars and the planents;
    >A map of your current position with POIs;
    >An augmented reality view of the world around when you switch the phone through your lock screen;
    >A jigsaw puzzle just for fun or even to unlock it;

There's so much more you could do if this is supposed to be an app...
    I honestly don't know what are the capabilities/limitiations of the APIs but the hype made it sound like it was as capable as an app on WP.
    Last edited by MicrosoftWinPho; 07-27-2014 at 08:42 AM. Reason: another idea
    07-27-2014 08:40 AM
    Yay another whiner thread with no intelligent thought behind the OP.
    How about constructive feedback for a BETA app instead of the I am such a sucker for downloading this app.

Bunch of cry babies need to go sulk some where else instead of posting baloney like this.
    07-27-2014 08:41 AM
    I installed it and uninstalled it next day. I think it is sheerly disappointing.
    07-27-2014 08:44 AM
    Unusable, had to uninstall from my Lumia 521. At first install it worked fine, but after over night it couldn't get to the lock pad. After flicking the lock screen app, all I saw was my home screen. I had to reboot and uninstall the lock screen app. Terrible experience.
    07-27-2014 08:50 AM
    It takes way to long to show up when I unlock my screen very disappointed 😞
    07-27-2014 09:05 AM
    a bit slow but it looks like transition effects instead of lag on my 720
    no drastic issues so far,an update would be great
    07-27-2014 09:20 AM
    I uninstalled the app, and now when I unlock the screen, the top half is black and the bottom half shows up. Does anyone faced this problem? Lumia 920 user
    07-27-2014 09:54 AM
    I was very disappointed in it. I agree with everything you said, which is why I went back to my Weather Flow lock screen.
    07-27-2014 10:07 AM
    Was expecting so much more info to be available on lock screen: weather, etc
    07-27-2014 10:29 AM
    Currently in beta. Will just have to wait till it drops the beta tag then we'll see.
    07-27-2014 10:45 AM
    When opening the app for the first time a message box pops up askin if you want to set this app as the live lockscreen app? It may be possible for other apps to set a live
    ​lockscreen.
    07-27-2014 10:53 AM
    ya. .i didnt like the app.. maybe i used it for 5 minutes.. as much as i luv microsoft.. i gotta stay away from their products.. i luved nokia too..
    07-27-2014 10:54 AM
    Pro tip: Complaining and whining are different from giving feedback.

Example of cry-babying:
    - Ugh app so slow laggy etc. I uninstall!! Kk bye

Example of a feedback:
    - App is noticeably laggy and slow.

Don't attack. Discuss.
    Pro tip: i agree with you. But if a user projects himself to complain about an app on a blog, be sure that is a feedback that has a face value by itself. People are pissed because Microsoft keeps creating hype out of nothing. We're coming with a new update (GDR 1965) which will bring groundbreaking changes. Update comes and has 50% of what all others have and misses half of the things it needs. The missing parts are justified as "WP is different, for people who understand it" (And some indeed buy into it). People do the same. Feel cheated, go on blogs and vent rage. The ProTip in that irrational rage is people are pissed of being mocked by a company. 18.000 workers laid off speak tons of what not listening to consumer does. I agree it has to be constructive. In this case pissed users are an information by itself. Microsoft is reaching the limits of user's patience with WP. The moment where users stop providing feedback (which stays unheard..since a keyboard input was asked in 2011 and it's still nowhere to be seen, for example) and just get angry. Best feedback ever, if one wants to listen. Humble opinion here...not God in human disguise
    anon(5969054) likes this.
    07-27-2014 12:08 PM
    Disappointed... ANIMATED LOCKSCREEN demo is much better
    07-27-2014 12:11 PM
    +1520
    07-27-2014 12:30 PM
    Yea, I went through all the options, and said "meh".

I would like to see an interactive lock screen. Example: Music. Instead of just having the drop down, press to skip forward/back/pause. Have it display the artist background, show the album art. But swipe left or right on the album art to skip foreword/back songs in the play list.

But keep the swipe up to unlock.
    07-27-2014 12:40 PM
    EDIT:I meant for this to be a reply to someone in particular but messed up.

They are giving us a chance to check it out and provide feedback with the exact recommendations you are talking about. Why complain about it to us, why not send a quick note to MS with these suggestions?

Nevermind...I'll just do it for you and say I came up with it.
    07-27-2014 12:49 PM
    About the diagonal layout, it will be nice if it's a running text animation like in Zune.
    Actually, the diagonal text layout does looks like one of Zune's idle screen layout, only without the movements.
    Example: www.youtube.com/ watch?v=FfVTUSPuVZI (starts in 25")
    Pushing it forward, get the notifications from the OS and then display it all in texts. Currently only one notification can be presented in details in Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 lock screen, the rest will just give numbers. And don't forget to fade the background for readability.

Now, expectation for the lock screen apps in one sentence: a Metro-styled reimagination of lock screen widgets manager
    Tall request, but they never tell us the limitation beforehand
    07-27-2014 01:12 PM
    I don't have a problem with this app. It is still in beta. Rudy huyn is involved he is so good at apps that is why Microsoft is using him. Give the app a chance.
    Chris Sandiford likes this.
    07-27-2014 01:14 PM
    Well, if the thread title shows it, the problem is not much technical as it is yet another Microsoft PR failure of unable to control the hype before it went out of hand.
    If they're clear about what the lock screen apps would do, we might not be as excited, but also less complaining because we knew what we will get.
    07-27-2014 01:21 PM
    The main problem of this app is main concept, not its development stage (beta, rtm...). Having another useless lockscreen with swipe up and down interactivity is disappointing.
    07-27-2014 01:35 PM
    Well, if the thread title shows it, the problem is not much technical as it is yet another Microsoft PR failure of unable to control the hype before it went out of hand.
    If they're clear about what the lock screen apps would do, we might not be as excited, but also less complaining because we knew what we will get.
    Good point. If this was just considered to be a 'funny' app it would be totally fine. But at BUILD they gave way higher expectations. It was part of the future of windows phone, part of the grand opening presentation.
    07-27-2014 01:40 PM
120 12345