The ridiculous hype for a terrible lock screen app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
So this app has been developed for months, and this is what they come up with?

- slow and laggy (forgiven because it is beta)
- uninspiring designs, they practically look alike and the clock is unreadable
- notification icons only show stars for everything. Makes it a lesser experience than the default lock screen.
- The Bing icon on Bing wallpapers is not removed and looks ugly and sometimes is in the way of the alarm icon. Amazing weather HD nicely removes this Bing icon, so it is possible.

What a disappointment!

I agree, as usual, lack of customization (colors and shapes and positions). That star notification is plainly ugly and doesn't notify a lot of things like Line messages (and lost a lot on weekend), no weather in the slanted versions.

We're going downhill. I am uninstalling it and going back to my previous weather app. May not be so famous but it shows what i need.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree.

I was excited about this when I saw the demo. Now I tested this for 10 minutes and its like meh. I think the fonts used in most of them are pretty childish and ruin the whole look. Weird layout is also the one that has a "split slice" and some of the text going under the picture. Its very weird because it hides the date. Thats pretty important number, to me at least.

A lot of MS releases are in beta. Clearly indicating that they are playing catch up, but to me its getting old. Does MS think that splapping a "BETA" behind the tittle of the release is a free pass if the app is isht?

I dont know, however Im not complaining as I dont have to use it! I unintalled it and dont expect to instal it either for a long time, because even if the lag is fixed, I think most of the design (fonts) is very unprofessional looking and clunky.

Last edited:

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Pro tip: Complaining and whining are different from giving feedback.

Example of cry-babying:
- Ugh app so slow laggy etc. I uninstall!! Kk bye

Example of a feedback:
- App is noticeably laggy and slow.

Don't attack. Discuss.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
What ridiculous hype?
It was teased at the build conference.
Then users waited around for it and now we have it in "beta" with the usual complaints\no complaints back and forth.

I agree. The hype was created by people that were excited for it, not MS. It was a nice tease of things to come at Build 2014. The disappointment comes from the app being so badly put together, both in design (fonts) and performance. Hopefully both issues will be fixed sooner than later.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I agree. The hype was created by people that were excited for it, not MS. It was a nice tease of things to come at Build 2014. The disappointment comes from the app being so badly put together, both in design (fonts) and performance. Hopefully both issues will be fixed sooner than later.

Wrong!

The hype was created BY Microsoft. Out of the million developments going on at MS, they chose to show the lockscreen app at the OPENING presentation, like it was going to be awesome. Anything that is announced at an opening presentation of such a big event is supposed to be a big thing for them. Otherwise, very poor picking of subjects for their presentation.

And then, lately they just release everything half arsed as a beta, and let us wait trice as long for a stable release. I mean if we didn't have a DP of WP8.1, getting WP8.1 with a notification center and few other things in august 2014 is just laughable.

M0TH3R_FR4GG3R

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Wrong!

The hype was created BY Microsoft. Out of the million developments going on at MS, they chose to show the lockscreen app at the OPENING presentation, like it was going to be awesome. Anything that is announced at an opening presentation of such a big event is supposed to be a big thing for them. Otherwise, very poor picking of subjects for their presentation.

And then, lately they just release everything half arsed as a beta, and let us wait trice as long for a stable release. I mean if we didn't have a DP of WP8.1, getting WP8.1 with a notification center and few other things in august 2014 is just laughable.

exactly my thoughts, its Truly laughable..

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Wrong!

you don't deserve to be a windows phone user. How can you say that windows phone getting 8.1 features in august is laughable. you should be grateful that microsoft even bothers to catch up to ios and android. Yeah they are releasing things as a beta but they'll get fixed later. And you don't see ios users saying that either.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Lets all agree to disagree

Rather than disagree, post suggestions for improvement, likes (& hates), what looks good, what doesn't - be specific ... possibly something the DEVs (Rudy H) haven't thought of. My post #20 suggested changes, not all of them will look good, but, if 75% of the people post looking for ... then it should be there (if it can be worked out).

Don't trash it, improve it.

MicrosoftWinPho

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Waste of time! This long for something which seems so basic in functionality??? I was expecting something serious with a lot of interactivity, you know, like an app.
How about the following:
>Real-time weather updates;
>Some fancy animations across the lock screen;
>Maybe when you move the phone around, it use the gyro to show you the stars and the planents;
>A map of your current position with POIs;
>An augmented reality view of the world around when you switch the phone through your lock screen;
>A jigsaw puzzle just for fun or even to unlock it;

There's so much more you could do if this is supposed to be an app...
I honestly don't know what are the capabilities/limitiations of the APIs but the hype made it sound like it was as capable as an app on WP.

Last edited:

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Yay another whiner thread with no intelligent thought behind the OP.
How about constructive feedback for a BETA app instead of the I am such a sucker for downloading this app.

Bunch of cry babies need to go sulk some where else instead of posting baloney like this.

btanusa

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Unusable, had to uninstall from my Lumia 521. At first install it worked fine, but after over night it couldn't get to the lock pad. After flicking the lock screen app, all I saw was my home screen. I had to reboot and uninstall the lock screen app. Terrible experience.

dimitar0807

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I uninstalled the app, and now when I unlock the screen, the top half is black and the bottom half shows up. Does anyone faced this problem? Lumia 920 user

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05