12-12-2014 12:03 PM
116 ... 2345
tools
    maybe if we 'overflow' joe belfiore twitter he takes some position or say something, this is ridiculous, more 2 months and this beta will complete 1 year, is sad that we still haven't a decent Instagram or facebook, no signal for a official snapchat, and Vine app never received a update since was launched... I have WP since 2012 but unfortunately I will have to buy an android as my next device.. maybe if some day the mobile world start to look to WP as deserves, i will come back
    Why? If you like Windows phone more, just stick with it... Some third party apps are better anyway.
    09-08-2014 09:10 PM
    6tag I believe is the best app for Instagram on any platform, wish it was on the iPhone, or Instagram bought the app.
    09-08-2014 09:29 PM
    6tag I believe is the best app for Instagram on any platform, wish it was on the iPhone, or Instagram bought the app.
    While I agree with you wholeheartedly, having "6Tag" doesn't solve the overall app perception problem of Windows Phone. A user buying a phone will ask someone "Does it have Instagram?" and the person will reply "Yea, a beta they put out a year ago that never got updated. The version of iPhone and Android is much much better". "6Tag" never enters the average person's consciousnesses when thinking about "Instagram".

​Something has to be done....
    Lancergb likes this.
    09-09-2014 07:38 AM
    I don't like 6tag cause is slow to open, and crash when I chose a photo to send.
    09-12-2014 10:47 PM
    It's infuriating to me that they think it's acceptable to release an app, slab a beta label on it and call it a day... As a brand, you'd think they'd want to at least provide an experience that is consistent across any platform. They treat Windows Phone like it was created in some guys basement and has 200 people using it... There are countries where Windows Phone is the #2 platform! C'mon!! This is insanity!!!
    The impression it gives me is "Alright they want one? There, take this and shut up! Leave us alone now!"
    09-13-2014 08:44 AM
    The impression it gives me is "Alright they want one? There, take this and shut up! Leave us alone now!"
    Yea I agree
    09-16-2014 05:20 PM
    That's been alot of developers attitude towards this platform, and it grows tiresome.
    09-17-2014 10:31 AM
    I actually had a few people who had Windows Phones and have since broke them and are using old iPhone until they have money to but a new one. They all say the biggest thing they miss about Windows Phone are the apps and I was in shock. They each specifically mentioned Rudy's apps being far better than the officials. Just thought that was cool to hear!
    dlalonde likes this.
    09-17-2014 10:34 AM
    I actually had a few people who had Windows Phones and have since broke them and are using old iPhone until they have money to but a new one. They all say the biggest thing they miss about Windows Phone are the apps and I was in shock. They each specifically mentioned Rudy's apps being far better than the officials. Just thought that was cool to hear!
    Well as such it is. But it's a little pathetic for Instagram that an unofficial app is better (and we're talking MILES better) that the official app. And, without blaming Rudy at all, I do wonder how his apps influence the decision making, if they do at all. Does Instagram think "Oh well they have a working app, they're using our services, so why spend money on developing one ourselves?"
    09-18-2014 09:18 AM
    Well as such it is. But it's a little pathetic for Instagram that an unofficial app is better (and we're talking MILES better) that the official app. And, without blaming Rudy at all, I do wonder how his apps influence the decision making, if they do at all. Does Instagram think "Oh well they have a working app, they're using our services, so why spend money on developing one ourselves?"
    I think that's exactly what they are thinking. Everything is about money.
    09-18-2014 09:20 AM
    But Rudy's app has been out long before Instagram. So why do build their own app at all if they are truly on that mindset?
    09-18-2014 09:20 AM
    But Rudy's app has been out long before Instagram. So why do build their own app at all if they are truly on that mindset?
    That's true. But maybe Microsoft pushed for them to release an app, getting tired of hearing that people wouldn't get a WP because Instagram wasn't on it and then no more updates because, hey, they have a working app already!

That's all speculation of course. But the fact that they not only never update their app but also never answer ANYONE concerning the future of the app leaves space for interpretation and speculations.
    09-18-2014 09:30 AM
    I mainly use the official IG app. It has the basic features and gets the job done. It had instant notifications, allows for uploading photos from phone, and I can like and comment.

But I do use 6tag often too. It allows me to upload photos from OneDrive. But what makes it better than anything else is the "Like or Not" feature. I love that.
    dlalonde likes this.
    09-20-2014 11:19 AM
    I mainly use the official IG app. It has the basic features and gets the job done. It had instant notifications, allows for uploading photos from phone, and I can like and comment.

But I do use 6tag often too. It allows me to upload photos from OneDrive. But what makes it better than anything else is the "Like or Not" feature. I love that.
    Yeah same here. I'm not an Instagram power user. The only thing that annoys me with the official app is that Twitter can't be added anymore to share on Twitter. So I use 6tag when I want to publish a picture on Twitter.
    09-20-2014 11:30 AM
    Yeah same here. I'm not an Instagram power user. The only thing that annoys me with the official app is that Twitter can't be added anymore to share on Twitter. So I use 6tag when I want to publish a picture on Twitter.
    I use Instagram Beta and sync with Twitter...
    09-20-2014 10:57 PM
    If you guys really wants to help...

Protest on Instagram. Who wants to protest?

Vote here: https://www.change.org/p/instagram-u...agramwpisalive

Announced on 22 October 2013, reaches the store in November 2013, updated a few times, last updated in March 2014.
    About 6 months, and about 1 year in Beta.
    Protest with the hashtag #InstagramWPIsAlive on Twitter.
    https://twitter.com/instagram

The Instagram team has no contact form, much less email.

- RT and like tweets.
    - Make tweets in a natural way and not robotic. Comment on the subject.
    - It takes an official app, do not tell me that about 6tag.
    - Missing functions are numerous, so not worth being mentioned.

I think the union will do with the strength.
    Lancergb likes this.
    09-20-2014 10:58 PM
    If you guys really wants to help...

Protest on Instagram. Who wants to protest?

Vote here: https://www.change.org/p/instagram-u...agramwpisalive

Announced on 22 October 2013, reaches the store in November 2013, updated a few times, last updated in March 2014.
    About 6 months, and about 1 year in Beta.
    Protest with the hashtag #InstagramWPIsAlive on Twitter.
    https://twitter.com/instagram

The Instagram team has no contact form, much less email.

- RT and like tweets.
    - Make tweets in a natural way and not robotic. Comment on the subject.
    - It takes an official app, do not tell me that about 6tag.
    - Missing functions are numerous, so not worth being mentioned.

I think the union will do with the strength.
    They do have a twitter however. Blow up their timeline and mentions there.
    09-28-2014 02:33 AM
    The fact that that Change.org petition only has 210 signatures may say a lot as to why they never both to maintain the app....
    09-29-2014 06:46 PM
    That is not really a fair judgement. Out of all the WP Instagram users, how many of them knows of this petition?
    09-29-2014 10:52 PM
    That is not really a fair judgement. Out of all the WP Instagram users, how many of them knows of this petition?
    A lot. But everyone just says "Hey, but we have 6tag!"
    10-18-2014 04:01 AM
    A lot. But everyone just says "Hey, but we have 6tag!"
    How many is "a lot"? Though, I do agree that everyone keeps saying that about 6tag, and that's definitely not a solution.
    10-19-2014 07:10 AM
    That's true. But maybe Microsoft pushed for them to release an app
    I think Microsoft paid them to make the app. We'll never know for sure, but the fact that they made it and then abandoned it really says something.
    dlalonde likes this.
    10-21-2014 01:51 AM
    They forgot WP already.
    10-24-2014 11:25 AM
    Instagram on iOS and Android are getting another update today.. Still nothing for Windows Phone.. Didn't Microsoft say that they are /working/ closely with Instagram? What the bloody hell is happening?
    11-10-2014 03:11 PM
    I tweeted twice to them today:

@instagram adds new features again and keeps giving a big finger with the caption "FU" to #WindowsPhone users. Thanks Instagram!

"@Instagram makes discovery easier, adds caption editing". #WindowsPhone users are left with a basic barely functioning beta for a year now.
    Firdaus Fauzi1 likes this.
    11-10-2014 04:02 PM
116 ... 2345