Unbelievable Instagram hasn't had updates. I think we need to make some noise let them hear us!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kid3o

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
hi everyone..
as a wp user.. i have had more than enough waiting.. and i think you too.. i mean what the hell is stopping Instagram from updating there app..
last update was released on 3/22/2014.. its more than 4 months already.., and you can check in here .

i think we should let them know..
we can write to them in twitter and facebook..
plz tweet with #come_on_Instagram and mention them..

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Why not just use the better app? 6tag by Rudy Huyn. Last updated 6/21.

Sorry, but instagram's "official" app is so far down my give-a-damn list...

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I will do so. However, I do use 6tag myself.

@Nerdy Woman I think that Instagram needs to be available for those that prefer to use the official app or those that are new to our thinking about using Windows Phone.

Last edited:

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Regardless of whether or not you use the official app, I think you have to agree that it benefits the platform if the official app is being updated and is on par with its counterparts on other platforms

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
BTW, I did leave feedback on the windowsphone.com website about Instagram. They gave them a whole lot of advertising and a direct link to their BETA app...

As was noted in another thread with a link to a blog article about some key differences between the user experience on WP and Android. First and foremost is apps... Since Android and iP have the most users, they get "official" apps right away, so devs don't even bother competing against the "official" apps. With WP not getting much love, devs create better apps and continue improving them long before and after "official" apps are offered. The "official" app devs figure they'll cannibalize their Android app to throw something in the WP store and call it done. WP devs do it better. They understand and appreciate the WP UI and make the apps something worth installing.

kid3o

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
i was one of those who translated Rudy's 6tag to Arabic.. i love the app my self.. and it's so much better than the official app.. but no third party developer can give you the full experience what ever he will do.. as the available APIs are quite limited..
you can't upload a video if you didn't shot it right now.. what the hell..
i do appreciate what WP developers are doing.. But unfortunately it isn't enough..

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
What I found wired, is that I sent some feedbacks to the developers of PIANO TILES GAME, and after a few days they updated their app on IOS with the features I suggested the to add to our platform

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Windows Phone where waiting on apps and features is part of the package. "it's coming soon" you'll keep getting told. I've been waiting since WP7 for lots of things but I'm sure it's coming soon. Facebook app is my biggest annoyance tbh and enough to make me switch back to iOS or Android. I'm sure WP actually stands for Waiting Patiently lol

Sent from my Surface Pro 2 using Tapatalk

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I agree with all of the other 6tag fans. Forget the beta app.
Sent from my Nokia 1520 using Tapatalk

Problem here is if an Ios or android user wants to switch and there big on instagram....all they have is a beta I'm sorry but there not going to be able to assume what Instagram 3rd party app are called ! So when they search for instagram app and come up with a beta and some apps they've never heard of or not familiar they'll usually go for the official one and realize how incomplete it is compared to the others. Then they complain, and claim WP apps are not as good as IOS and android apps!

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
all they have is a beta I'm sorry but there not going to be able to assume what Instagram 3rd party app are called

You're right, 6tag is way better and have all the features as on other platforms ios or android like official Instagram.

Sent from my TOSHIBA WT8-A using Tapatalk

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I had the instagram beta on my phone.. Tried it out for a few days, before I deleted it. It is a poor cousin of 6tag... enuff said

Rei Zanaliu

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Why not just use the better app? 6tag by Rudy Huyn. Last updated 6/21.

Sorry, but instagram's "official" app is so far down my give-a-damn list...
how is 6tag better?? makes your phone go in flames in a minute, drains your battery super fast and not to mention ads. so yeah, its a lot better.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
...and how does this affect you???
Sent from my Nokia 1520 using Tapatalk
The crappier the official app is the more customer will either go to 3rd party forcing official app to slow down support because more customer prefer 3rd party ! I'm missing alot of apps I could really use only because were in 3rd place and lets think about it if it were worth it for devs to join WP .....they would! But because almost every official app we get come in beta......and stays in beta no IOS or android customers will be willing to give up full featured official apps for WP beta apps ....if that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos