Unbelievable Instagram hasn't had updates. I think we need to make some noise let them hear us!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

newneo

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
hi everyone..
as a wp user.. i have had more than enough waiting.. and i think you too.. i mean what the hell is stopping Instagram from updating there app..
last update was released on 3/22/2014.. its more than 4 months already.., and you can check in here .

i think we should let them know..
we can write to them in twitter and facebook..
plz tweet with #come_on_Instagram and mention them..
See the tthing is instagram I a shocking service any way. Such an old fashioned interface even on the IOS app. I've just come back to WP with the Lumia 930 a bit of a shock really. What's going on with app developers? Something needs to happen or I'll get back out fairly quick again. So yeah instagram in this situation don't care a single bit but I would like to see others come to the platform.

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
The crappier the official app is the more customer will either go to 3rd party forcing official app to slow down support because more customer prefer 3rd party ! I'm missing alot of apps I could really use only because were in 3rd place and lets think about it if it were worth it for devs to join WP .....they would! But because almost every official app we get come in beta......and stays in beta no IOS or android customers will be willing to give up full featured official apps for WP beta apps ....if that!

If you aren't happy with WP apps get a 5s. It's a solid piece of hardware and you'll have pretty much any app you can think of. The LG G3 is also nice and the Play Store isn't far behind the App Store.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
BTW, I did leave feedback on the windowsphone.com website about Instagram. They gave them a whole lot of advertising and a direct link to their BETA app...

I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft paid Instagram to make the app... but maybe not for any updates.

Last edited:

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
hi everyone..
as a wp user.. i have had more than enough waiting.. and i think you too.. i mean what the hell is stopping Instagram from updating there app..

Perhaps a lack of resources, users or interest? There are lots of things that might stop Instagram from updating their app.

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
The 5S is one of the most expensive smartphones on the market. The average WP user has something like a Lumia 520. The Moto G would be a better recommendation.

Whatever works for you. My point is that if someone is unhappy with the quality and/or selection of WP apps, they have options. Instead of complaining about it they should actually DO something about it.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Whatever works for you. My point is that if someone is unhappy with the quality and/or selection of WP apps, they have options. Instead of complaining about it they should actually DO something about it.
Well many here in us are on contracts for two years...i did research on WP I read "app gap will be closed by 2014" and I believed it! Now if I'm not mistaken IOS has something like over 1million app! Who here thinks we can get to IOS app count in 5 months? I have a few work around with sites that I need to access and there's no app in WP store for it. I had android and man was I bad and so bored with IOS ...thats why I came to WP . So I guess its the lesser of the three evils .....kinda. What do you think would happen to WP if all took your advice and jumped ship? Word of mouth is already bad here in the us about wp.....believe me it can get worse! Market share is down here in the us not up!

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
And since I don't own fcb bank of florida ......i can't make an app for them nor do i own metra car stereo so can't make an app for them either so there only so much one can do. If it were as simple as just asking companies to dev apps for WP.....we would have 1 million apps but guess what...we don't . So all we can really do is deal with it when one ask " how do you like your WP" what do you think mine and many here's response will be? Remember shares around down in the U.S. so word of mouth out here is not good!

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
And since I don't own fcb bank of florida ......i can't make an app for them nor do i own metra car stereo so can't make an app for them either so there only so much one can do. If it were as simple as just asking companies to dev apps for WP.....we would have 1 million apps but guess what...we don't . So all we can really do is deal with it when one ask " how do you like your WP" what do you think mine and many here's response will be? Remember shares around down in the U.S. so word of mouth out here is not good!

When I said "do something about it" I meant move to another OS that has the apps you want. Don't complain about the lack of apps for WP, put your money where your mouth is and move to android or iOS. I don't get people who complain about something but refuse to take advantage of a solution that is right in front if them.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
When I said "do something about it" I meant move to another OS that has the apps you want. Don't complain about the lack of apps for WP, put your money where your mouth is and move to android or iOS. I don't get people who complain about something but refuse to take advantage of a solution that is right in front if them.
unfortunately with my contracts......its cheaper to keep her ;-)

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm a chronic phone swapper. Since last fall I've had a Note 1, Note 3, 8X, iPhone 5s, two 1520s, two G2s and I'm seriously thinking about getting a white G3 in the very near future.

sent using tapatalk app

sl1ckNY13

Banned
Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Certain things...look in my opinion windows phone will never get enough recognition or get more popular (united states) India don't count, if they don't fix the official/or release apps like instagram(been in beta for how long??) okay you got 6snap and 6tin but anyone coming from apple or android isn't going to know wth that is and see that there is no snap chat or tinder..and get frustrated
Look I love my Icon and 8.1 but still some things it needs to improve on and needs to fast and Xbox music is horrible btw

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Well many here in us are on contracts for two years...i did research on WP I read "app gap will be closed by 2014" and I believed it! Now if I'm not mistaken IOS has something like over 1million app! Who here thinks we can get to IOS app count in 5 months? I have a few work around with sites that I need to access and there's no app in WP store for it. I had android and man was I bad and so bored with IOS ...thats why I came to WP . So I guess its the lesser of the three evils .....kinda. What do you think would happen to WP if all took your advice and jumped ship? Word of mouth is already bad here in the us about wp.....believe me it can get worse! Market share is down here in the us not up!

I may only be one user, but I've been around long enough to know that size isn't the only thing that matters. If we wildly assume that 1/2 of the iPhone App store is games, we're now looking at 500K apps that perform some needed or desirable function. So let's say we have 10 number of categories: social media, photo/video apps, banking/life stuff, health & fitness, travel, news, work stuff, food, + 2 more that are really important to some individual user. I confess, I'm a would-be awesome photographer if collecting multiple photo apps could make me one. I probably have 20 apps in this particular category. Wild-*** guessing, I have an average of 10 more in each of the other categories. Sooo, 20 + (9 x 10) = 110 apps. Add the 30 or so games, and my phone has 140 apps installed (the number is actually 157).

My point is this: if a dev wants to publish a utility app (let's say something along the lines of Jack of All Tools, a personal favorite), he/she can do so in the iPhone store and offer one of the 10,000 apps with similar features and functions (where becoming a featured app is dependent upon the number of downloads), or he/she can dev for WP (where ratings determine ranking) and actually have a shot at creating some buzz and generating some revenue. I'm not a dev, but I've studied marketing and economics...

So please, next time you see an article with a crApp count or someone declares their reasons for buying an overpriced iPhone, ask them how many of the million are worth downloading, keeping, and possibly even buying.

As for official apps, I am shopping for a fitbit. I think other companies are watching to see if their recently added support for WP will result in an uptick in their revenues... I'm only one user, but I will vote with my $$$ to show that it was a smart move on FitBit's part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077