Unbelievable Instagram hasn't had updates. I think we need to make some noise let them hear us!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Surely there are people who are fan of Rudy's work, and some who prefers an official app. I think comments who ask people to "get another phone" or "use 6tag it's better" is just.. redundant.
I do agree that we should all vote 1 star for the official Instagram app. It's been months without update, and people like me who have been on the WP ship since WP7 have waited a long time for them to deliver. It's ridiculous. We don't even get to upload video. Sure, 6tag has that capability, no offence but Rudy has been slacking too. Maybe I'm ignorant, maybe he requires specific APIs, but where are filters for videos? Why can I not upload video from my camera roll?

Both Instagram and 6tag are in need of update. Yes, 6tag is better, but it's not exactly a solution.

Rudy has been slacking off. He's spread thin. With all the apps he's been developing (some of which I'm not even sure they're needed on WP, like Tinder and Secret - specially Secret), support for the older ones like 6Tag or Fuse is leaving much to be desired. I like Rudy's work as much as the next guy, but he surely isn't perfect.

I've just been stamping my feet about this for the last few days.

It's utterly ridiculous and makes Windows Phone look like a joke.

The solution isn't "Download 6tag". No one buys a Windows Phone for the first time, and searches the store for "6tag". They type in "Instagram". They are greeted with a BETA app that is subpar in functionality and looks like the ugly step child of the "REAL" instagram.

It's insulting and I'd rather they hadn't produced an app for WP at all if this is how they plan to treat it.

F&*K you instagram!

Indeed. 6Tag, may be a better solution, but an official app is always appreciated and needed. WP doesn't have the luxury of acting all high and mighty screaming that 6Tag is better than Instagram simply because no one outside the WP community knows 6Tag. Hell, even in the WP community, the ones that know about 6Tag are a minority... Not everyone is on top of every app that's launched for WP, after all.

If I'm honest I don't even have IG installed, but I'm going to install it, rate it one star, and send feedback trough the app complaining at them. What they're doing is indeed shameful.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Just shows how insignificant WP is in the mobile phone space. A lot of devices are 520's and from those probably many don't care about the social thingies + many like myself use 6tag... Looks like it was a huge push from Nokia to get instagram to make the app, now will it be abandoned?

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I think it's ridiculous it's been in beta nearly a year ice been tweeting then all week no response

They never responded to tweets. Their own support page is useless in what regards to actually contacting them for support (or anything else for that matter). If someone needs to contact them directly, they have to send an email to the address they use for the press. Just goes to show what they care about their userbase, not only on WP, but also on other platforms.

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Double post, sorry.

Sending this to press@instagram.com on Monday. I urge you guys to do something in these lines as well.
Hello,

I'm writing you today to point out the below standard service you people are providing and urge you to improve on that area.

First of all, contacting you is nigh impossible. Having a help page is nice and all, but no way of contacting you directly is just poor form on your part. That leads me to believe you don't care about your user base (and I'm not alone on this train of thought) and that you don't want to listen to it... Specially considering that the help page isn't all that great... Heck, I had to send this email to an address that's reserved to the press. This is lame. And even after going through this trouble I'm not even sure you will respond or care.

Another thing I want to point out is your blatant favouritism towards iOS and, on the other end, blatant disregard towards other platforms. I've used all three platforms, and I'm now on two, none of which is iOS. While your service has become passable on Android, it's very much less than impressive on Windows Phone. You released the app earlier in the year, updated it with measly bug fixes once or twice (last time was March) and nothing since... iOS and Android have received new editing tools... Windows Phone doesn't even have Direct or video uploading... Let alone those new editing tools... Heck, you didn't even care or bother enough to give it a shred of better functionality to get it out of Beta status.

Then you launched Hyperlapse. Fine and dandy... All Windows Phone got was a coarse "no new announcements to make"... I just wish that one of these days, one of you people find out about an app from Windows Phone that you want to have on iOS and hear that in return. See if you like it. And the launch of the Instagram for Windows Phone isn't even listed on that nifty timeline you have on the press page...

All this to say that you have a user base on Windows Phone. The VERY LEAST you could do was show it some respect. Myself? Losing hope. I had two accounts and already closed one of them. Don't make close the other one due to poor service on your part.

Oh, and I'm betting you're going to reply with the ever so robotic (if you even reply, that is) "we're focusing on improving Android and iOS and we have no new comments/announcements on Windows Phone" or even "Windows Phone hasn't built up enough momentum for us to take it seriously". Please, do prove me wrong. I dare you.

Regards

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Lol, another example is Kik Messenger. Hasn't been updated in ages, there's soo much the android version can do compared to it (my first smartphone was a ZTE Midnight from Net10 and it was total garbage, moved to 521 two months later, all this year) Apparently webkit issues or something. At least it's there, but leaves much to be desired.

Lancergb

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
maybe if we 'overflow' joe belfiore twitter he takes some position or say something, this is ridiculous, more 2 months and this beta will complete 1 year, is sad that we still haven't a decent Instagram or facebook, no signal for a official snapchat, and Vine app never received a update since was launched... I have WP since 2012 but unfortunately I will have to buy an android as my next device.. maybe if some day the mobile world start to look to WP as deserves, i will come back

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
It's infuriating to me that they think it's acceptable to release an app, slab a beta label on it and call it a day... As a brand, you'd think they'd want to at least provide an experience that is consistent across any platform. They treat Windows Phone like it was created in some guys basement and has 200 people using it... There are countries where Windows Phone is the #2 platform! C'mon!! This is insanity!!!

Thomas Molina

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
maybe if we 'overflow' joe belfiore twitter he takes some position or say something, this is ridiculous, more 2 months and this beta will complete 1 year, is sad that we still haven't a decent Instagram or facebook, no signal for a official snapchat, and Vine app never received a update since was launched... I have WP since 2012 but unfortunately I will have to buy an android as my next device.. maybe if some day the mobile world start to look to WP as deserves, i will come back

Why? If you like Windows phone more, just stick with it... Some third party apps are better anyway.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
6tag I believe is the best app for Instagram on any platform, wish it was on the iPhone, or Instagram bought the app.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
6tag I believe is the best app for Instagram on any platform, wish it was on the iPhone, or Instagram bought the app.

While I agree with you wholeheartedly, having "6Tag" doesn't solve the overall app perception problem of Windows Phone. A user buying a phone will ask someone "Does it have Instagram?" and the person will reply "Yea, a beta they put out a year ago that never got updated. The version of iPhone and Android is much much better". "6Tag" never enters the average person's consciousnesses when thinking about "Instagram".

​Something has to be done....

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
It's infuriating to me that they think it's acceptable to release an app, slab a beta label on it and call it a day... As a brand, you'd think they'd want to at least provide an experience that is consistent across any platform. They treat Windows Phone like it was created in some guys basement and has 200 people using it... There are countries where Windows Phone is the #2 platform! C'mon!! This is insanity!!!

The impression it gives me is "Alright they want one? There, take this and shut up! Leave us alone now!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos