Unbelievable Instagram hasn't had updates. I think we need to make some noise let them hear us!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I actually had a few people who had Windows Phones and have since broke them and are using old iPhone until they have money to but a new one. They all say the biggest thing they miss about Windows Phone are the apps and I was in shock. They each specifically mentioned Rudy's apps being far better than the officials. Just thought that was cool to hear!

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I actually had a few people who had Windows Phones and have since broke them and are using old iPhone until they have money to but a new one. They all say the biggest thing they miss about Windows Phone are the apps and I was in shock. They each specifically mentioned Rudy's apps being far better than the officials. Just thought that was cool to hear!

Well as such it is. But it's a little pathetic for Instagram that an unofficial app is better (and we're talking MILES better) that the official app. And, without blaming Rudy at all, I do wonder how his apps influence the decision making, if they do at all. Does Instagram think "Oh well they have a working app, they're using our services, so why spend money on developing one ourselves?"

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Well as such it is. But it's a little pathetic for Instagram that an unofficial app is better (and we're talking MILES better) that the official app. And, without blaming Rudy at all, I do wonder how his apps influence the decision making, if they do at all. Does Instagram think "Oh well they have a working app, they're using our services, so why spend money on developing one ourselves?"

I think that's exactly what they are thinking. Everything is about money.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

But Rudy's app has been out long before Instagram. So why do build their own app at all if they are truly on that mindset?

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
But Rudy's app has been out long before Instagram. So why do build their own app at all if they are truly on that mindset?

That's true. But maybe Microsoft pushed for them to release an app, getting tired of hearing that people wouldn't get a WP because Instagram wasn't on it and then no more updates because, hey, they have a working app already!

That's all speculation of course. But the fact that they not only never update their app but also never answer ANYONE concerning the future of the app leaves space for interpretation and speculations.

anon(5618912)

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I mainly use the official IG app. It has the basic features and gets the job done. It had instant notifications, allows for uploading photos from phone, and I can like and comment.

But I do use 6tag often too. It allows me to upload photos from OneDrive. But what makes it better than anything else is the "Like or Not" feature. I love that.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I mainly use the official IG app. It has the basic features and gets the job done. It had instant notifications, allows for uploading photos from phone, and I can like and comment.

But I do use 6tag often too. It allows me to upload photos from OneDrive. But what makes it better than anything else is the "Like or Not" feature. I love that.

Yeah same here. I'm not an Instagram power user. The only thing that annoys me with the official app is that Twitter can't be added anymore to share on Twitter. So I use 6tag when I want to publish a picture on Twitter.

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
If you guys really wants to help...

Protest on Instagram. Who wants to protest?

Vote here: https://www.change.org/p/instagram-update-for-instagram-on-windows-phone-instagramwpisalive

Announced on 22 October 2013, reaches the store in November 2013, updated a few times, last updated in March 2014.
About 6 months, and about 1 year in Beta.
Protest with the hashtag #InstagramWPIsAlive on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/instagram

The Instagram team has no contact form, much less email.

- RT and like tweets.
- Make tweets in a natural way and not robotic. Comment on the subject.
- It takes an official app, do not tell me that about 6tag.
- Missing functions are numerous, so not worth being mentioned.

I think the union will do with the strength.

Dk92

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
If you guys really wants to help...

Protest on Instagram. Who wants to protest?

Vote here: https://www.change.org/p/instagram-update-for-instagram-on-windows-phone-instagramwpisalive

Announced on 22 October 2013, reaches the store in November 2013, updated a few times, last updated in March 2014.
About 6 months, and about 1 year in Beta.
Protest with the hashtag #InstagramWPIsAlive on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/instagram

The Instagram team has no contact form, much less email.

- RT and like tweets.
- Make tweets in a natural way and not robotic. Comment on the subject.
- It takes an official app, do not tell me that about 6tag.
- Missing functions are numerous, so not worth being mentioned.

I think the union will do with the strength.
They do have a twitter however. Blow up their timeline and mentions there.

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Instagram on iOS and Android are getting another update today.. Still nothing for Windows Phone.. Didn't Microsoft say that they are /working/ closely with Instagram? What the bloody hell is happening?

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I tweeted twice to them today:

@instagram adds new features again and keeps giving a big finger with the caption "FU" to #WindowsPhone users. Thanks Instagram!

"@Instagram makes discovery easier, adds caption editing". #WindowsPhone users are left with a basic barely functioning beta for a year now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers