The power of the new Live Lock Screen app

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Beyond over hyped. Welcome to 2010.

Great work, but no offense by any means. Go Lock screen, HTC and a ton of others was pumping these things out in 2010.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
It takes a toil to correct someone's art and when asked they take a step back. I personally like Rudy Huyn's work and it is a BETA app. He will improve it and then those critics will start praising his work. Lockscreen app is pretty cool and its not over hyped. Its just an App and people started expecting everything in BETA app! They should wait and see how it emerges out as a brilliant lockscreen app :)

AbhishekSinha1601

May 14, 2014
Visit site
It wasn't available on the lock screen.The ICS or JB API didn't support it. Lock screen API came to world of android on Kitkat. So stop criticizing the app
Beyond over hyped. Welcome to 2010.

Great work, but no offense by any means. Go Lock screen, HTC and a ton of others was pumping these things out in 2010.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
It wasn't available on the lock screen.The ICS or JB API didn't support it. Lock screen API came to world of android on Kitkat. So stop criticizing the app

Huh? They had lockscreen replacement apps on gingerbread. All you had to do was disable your lockscreen and the lock screen app would take over.

Ginger bread

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oMcr3q5F7Hs

A better theme

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aWqBDXpw2TY

Need more?

Even this came to iOS on ios7

I doubt Apple will ever do a lock screen app.

dotMorten

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Here's my take on a live lock screen: www (dot) youtube (dot) com/watch?v=OtIt2gmvle4
I also call this the "battery drain app" :)
But still pretty cool this can be done now.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Is it overhyped?
Yes and no
Its just a step in a surtain direction.
A lot of people complaining about that WP is not customizable.
MS made it possible, at first with the tiles lateron they started with the wallpapers.
And now with the lockscreens.
This is just a beta example, to show people and developers wat is possible in the new os.
Is it nice or gimmick ....yes, for clean functionality you dont need it, you don't even need a wallpaper or resizable tiles.
Its just a answer from MS to its users.
No one is forcing anybody to use it, its just a way to personalize your phone.
I think its a good thing.

Mogwaye

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
The app on this video is not from Rudy Huyn. It's an app using Microsoft API made by someone else (I don't know who tho).
But I agree that Live Lockscreen has an great potential. I think we'll soon see what it's made of ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3