Audible no longer working

Charlie Pelosi

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
i download my books and i still have this issue!

So far, on my 1520, using Bluetooth solves the trouble. I use audible daily while driving. When I had a 925 on T-Mobile, the app seemed to work just fine, but honestly, I'm not sure I ever used audible much on that phone after the upgrade to 8.1

fieldeffect

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I saw enough people saying that Bluetooth helped that I just bought a set of bluetooth headphones, and yep, now works fine.

Ironically I bought the headphones from Amazon, which makes me feel like a bit of a chump considering the circumstances.

Audible are lucky they're pretty much the only player in the audiobook world. The way they're responding to customers is criminal. I asked them (several times) the direct question "Are you going to fix this? Because if you're not, I'm not going to continue to pay for a subscription that I can't use", and they act (every time) with complete surprise, like nobody has ever reported this problem before, and it will surely be fixed very quickly.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue. Has anyone found any workarounds yet? Every time I pause a book I have to redownload the book, make sure I go to beginning and then, use the chapters screen to select the last chapter I heard. If after downloading i elect to go to same place where i left off audible looks like it is playing but it is frozen.... ARGGG Help.

I'm having the same issue. And I redownload my books all the time too. But instead of hopping through chapters until I find where I left off, I create a bookmark before removing the book and redownloading it again. Afterwards I just use the recent bookmark to continue exactly where I last stopped.

AMikel

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
not really, have the same problem on all of my WindowsPhones. mostly Lumias yes but the ATIVs, M8s and Blu HDs I used are also just as bad. The app is just crap.

Jim Prescott

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I have Iphone and Android tablet and Surface 3. Audible for me works great and synchs with IOS and Android with no issues. I can listen on iphone and switch to android tablet and pick up where I left off without a hitch. Put the Surface in the picture and forget about it. Horrid! Windows version downloads the book in parts. Not so in android and IOS. The book comes down as one. Due to the small crowd using it on the Windows platform this is probably not going to get fixed in the near future. Being I love the the app in IOS and Android I will sell the surface.Not to mention I cannot get Fios app in Surface either.Surface is a good laptop replacement but in my opinion not a good tablet replacement if you compare it to IOS or Android based on the apps.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I have Iphone and Android tablet and Surface 3. Audible for me works great and synchs with IOS and Android with no issues. I can listen on iphone and switch to android tablet and pick up where I left off without a hitch. Put the Surface in the picture and forget about it. Horrid! Windows version downloads the book in parts. Not so in android and IOS. The book comes down as one. Due to the small crowd using it on the Windows platform this is probably not going to get fixed in the near future. Being I love the the app in IOS and Android I will sell the surface.Not to mention I cannot get Fios app in Surface either.Surface is a good laptop replacement but in my opinion not a good tablet replacement if you compare it to IOS or Android based on the apps.

I remember reading something where Daniel was able to confirm that an update was in the works, but no ETA. Wish I could remember where I saw that, might have been on twitter.

Charlie Pelosi

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Beta app was updated yesterday too. This is great to see. I'll go ahead and renew my subscription with audible next month. I've been listening to a few of my books for the 2nd or 3rd times, refusing to pay membership while the Windows phone app wasn't working properly.

jockopablo

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
The Audible app (the latest updated official release, not the beta) has the honor of being the first app to crash my Lumia 830. I was playing a book through Bluetooth and was getting occasional skipping, so I unlocked my phone in order to pause playback and then start again. When I hit the Play button after pausing it a for a few seconds my phone went dark then rebooted.

Worked fine after that, though. I hope it's not going to be an ongoing issue.

Charlie Pelosi

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
The Audible app (the latest updated official release, not the beta) has the honor of being the first app to crash my Lumia 830. I was playing a book through Bluetooth and was getting occasional skipping, so I unlocked my phone in order to pause playback and then start again. When I hit the Play button after pausing it a for a few seconds my phone went dark then rebooted.

Worked fine after that, though. I hope it's not going to be an ongoing issue.

Have you had any more troubles? I've been using the latest version of the official app with no real troubles. I noticed if you switch between Bluetooth, to head phones, or the phones speaker, it sometimes seems to be stuck paused, like the very old official app used to do. This was only an issue once or twice, and I use the app daily, so not the biggest deal.

jockopablo

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Have you had any more troubles? I've been using the latest version of the official app with no real troubles.

No troubles since then, knock on wood. I do still get occasional skipping, though, which baffles me since the phone is playing local content and not streaming, but pausing for a few seconds usually fixes it.

Timm Zahn

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
The update for the Audible app that was pushed on October 7th is broken again. At least on my device, L830 W10M 10.0.10536.004... It thinks for a few seconds and quits. I have tried rebooting, uninstalling/re-installing, and a soft reset. No dice...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel