Xbox Video app doesn't delete my downloaded movies

markk132

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
i had about 5 movies downloaded, and when i was done with them, i removed them. but it appears they're not truly deleted out of memory because storage sense is saying my xbox video app's data is over 5gb. i could really use this space back. i can't uninstall the app so i can't try that. i already tried to restore purchases but that didn't work. has this happened to anyone? any ideas?

Diamondx_8

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem. Before the WP8.1 update, I could delete the video app. This removed the downloaded movies and then I installed the app again. Now we have lost the ability to delete the video app but the video app still has the problem of not removing downloaded content. A tremendous disappointment because I really want to reclaim that space. This issue is somewhat mitigated by the fact that we can now move apps to the SD card but I should not have to keep old movies that cannot be played because they are expired. This is a disincentive for downloading movies. Why do I need to download? I hit the road and have long stretches with no wifi or good cellular connection for streaming.

markk132

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. Before the WP8.1 update, I could delete the video app. This removed the downloaded movies and then I installed the app again. Now we have lost the ability to delete the video app but the video app still has the problem of not removing downloaded content. A tremendous disappointment because I really want to reclaim that space. This issue is somewhat mitigated by the fact that we can now move apps to the SD card but I should not have to keep old movies that cannot be played because they are expired. This is a disincentive for downloading movies. Why do I need to download? I hit the road and have long stretches with no wifi or good cellular connection for streaming.

well lucky you that you have an SD card that you can even move it to. i don't have an SD slot on my phone, so i'm just stuck with over 5gb of space being used by essentially nothing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium