11-06-2014 08:25 AM
135 1234 ...
tools
    And twice as many are useless, how many fart apps now?
    LOL, we are not talking about if they are useless or not. :D
    08-05-2014 08:12 AM
    I know WP store has grown well in past few months but don't forget that everyday double or triple amount of apps join android/IOS platform.
    Maybe that's where we are missing out. Until MS gives a clear picture we can't predict anything.
    08-05-2014 08:12 AM
    Maybe that's where we are missing out. Until MS gives a clear picture we can't predict anything.
    Actually, it drives me crazy when some people don't admit the reality and say proudly that there isn't any app gap,store is perfect blah blah.
    giulianoreali likes this.
    08-05-2014 08:18 AM
    Actually, it drives me crazy when some people don't admit the reality and say proudly that there isn't any app gap,store is perfect blah blah.
    Well, the difference is there EXISTS an app gap in terms of quantity.. But in terms of quality, its debatable..
    evilrob likes this.
    08-05-2014 08:23 AM
    The app gap isn't as bad...but there still is whoever thinks not is a *****
    Instragram beta: Still in beta
    Not enough bank, or local bank apps
    Not enough car insurance apps
    And just random little apps that just aren't there and the WAZE app blows more than the your fav girl on the corner so shut up WP fan boys
    08-05-2014 08:32 AM
    Well, the difference is there EXISTS an app gap in terms of quantity.. But in terms of quality, its debatable..

And OP was talking about the QUANTITY.
    08-05-2014 08:34 AM
    There are loads of apps, many of them have a better-looking UI than their iOS/Android counterparts in my opinion
    And i guess he didn't say anything about the numerical data.
    evilrob likes this.
    08-05-2014 08:37 AM
    And i guess he didn't say anything about the numerical data.

Read the title. " app gap? What app gap?"
    It means that according to OP there is no app gap.
    08-05-2014 08:42 AM
    The app gap isn't as bad...but there still is whoever thinks not is a *****

I couldn't agree with you more.
    08-05-2014 08:44 AM
    And OP was talking about the QUANTITY.
    No I wasn't, the post was intended as saying "Windows Phone store has all the apps I need" and also a place to find quality apps newbies may not have known about.
    itzkavin likes this.
    08-05-2014 09:05 AM
    Read the title. " app gap? What app gap?"
    It means that according to OP there is no app gap.
    You could, and have, chosen to interpret it that way.

What I was getting at is that in every review people make out like there are no apps, or that those which are available are of poor quality.

I don't think that is the case. I am very happy with the quality and quantity of apps available - that's all I was saying.
    itzkavin likes this.
    08-05-2014 09:07 AM
    I know WP store has grown well in past few months but don't forget that everyday double or triple amount of apps join android/IOS platform.
    Same thing for Windows Phone...
    I couldn't agree with you more.
    The title was deliberately controversial to get people to read it. I'm glad it's sparked a debate. I'm not sure there's any need to get personal about it.
    No I wasn't, the post was intended as saying "Windows Phone store has all the apps I need" and also a place to find quality apps newbies may not have known about.

Look. There's the difference. The title should be "there is no app gap for me"
    08-05-2014 09:08 AM
    @evilrob totally pointless thread.If WP store serves you well then don't think that this is the case for everyone.
    So you are really saying that app gap doesn't exist? Please, for God's sake don't spread wrong info. I'm a WP fan boy and I can't deny the truth that app gap exists.
    I don't think it's the case for everyone. I do think that the apps available will serve most people well, most of the time.
    08-05-2014 09:11 AM
    End of the day, there's only an 'app gap' if an app you require isn't there. If all the apps you want to use are present, then there is no app gap at all.

Example - there are those obsessed with crap like candy crush, and naturally, someone switching would want to know where it is. We don't have it here so there is an app gap for that person. Myself, I couldnt' care less about stuff like that, so therefore there is no app gap as far as I personally am concerned.
    evilrob, CrossIsHere, npoe and 1 others like this.
    08-05-2014 09:12 AM
    The title was deliberately controversial to get people to read it. I'm glad it's sparked a debate. I'm not sure there's any need to get personal about it.

I'm sorry if you felt that I got personal.
    All i meant was that people should admit that app gap exists.They shouldn't run away from reality.And app gap isn't that bad.
    08-05-2014 09:13 AM
    I don't think it's the case for everyone. I do think that the apps available will serve most people well, most of the time.

Yes, that's true.
    08-05-2014 09:14 AM
    I got BB/WA/LINE/Facebook/Instagram/Vine/Path/Twitter/Photoshop/4Square/Skype/Tumblr/Camera360 and of Course WPCentral

and for Lumia Exclusive Apps Like Nokia Camera/MixRadio/Storyteller/Panorma/Glam Me/Play to/Cinemagraph/Refocus/ SmartCam/Creative Studio/ maybe isn't common apps but it's pretty cool compared to other apps. and you can't get it without Lumia device
    most of people only use those apps and I doubt people use all apps on store. so why call a gap. most of apps is here. maybe other platform apps full of unessential apps or apps that made by individual developer that used by they own people

Windows Phone 8 is young platform. unlike it's competitor it's grown constantly and run securely we have less apps due to less fake and clone apps. and windows phone device performance gap isn't so big deal.

when you call a gap maybe we ask what's missing here. and I don't see any missing apps here
    evilrob likes this.
    08-05-2014 09:32 AM
    Anyone
    a free Video player that can play .mkv file?

This is app gap.
    Tarik Aziz likes this.
    08-05-2014 11:01 AM
    I need a good app locker and hider app, a free video player, a pattern lock screen app(I saw somewhere in this forum that a pattern lock screen app is arriving soon). That's all and I would be happy if all the apps are equivalent or more to Android and IOS in features....
    08-05-2014 11:09 AM
    Loving the feedback so far. Anyone else got some gems to share?
    08-05-2014 12:30 PM
    I use both Android and WP, and I personally don't feel the gap is too bad, but I do see it's there. I think what bugs people the most is that a lot of folks are missing important apps for them, and there's always someone to brag that there is no gap anymore. It might not affect you, but if a lot of people are affected by it, it's there.

One criticism I do have is that practically all apps I use on WP have important features missing, or just underperform overall. I don't hear many people complaining about that, people prefer to focus on the number of apps. So unfortunately I don't feel like the status quo will change anytime soon.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    08-05-2014 01:08 PM
    Nice Post! I use some of your choices and some of my own but its always nice to see what people use.
    Guytronic, evilrob and jomarr like this.
    08-05-2014 01:14 PM
    Nice Post! I use some of your choices and some of my own but its always nice to see what people use.
    Thanks! It took a while to write it all out and get the links and screenshots etc. I'm glad not everyone hated it!
    08-05-2014 01:16 PM
135 1234 ...