App gap? ... What app gap?

itzkavin

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Windows Phone store crossed 200,000 in Dec 2013 and 400,000 in Apr 2014. Can any maths guy predict the current status by statistics?

My guess is 700,000 at the rate of around 65,000 apps a month.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
The app gap is more to do with games and banks now. However some official apps are missing features like facebook. You still cant upload or view photos in comments. You don't have the free call feature in messenger. Vine is missing direct messaging,same with instagram, 6sec,6tag and 6snap can never have push notifications. No official snapchat. That's it really. Microsoft have done well.

Also many retail store apps, rewards points apps, and security system apps are missing, and point of sale apps like Square. In some cases the mobile website is sufficient; in others it is not or even nonexistent. Of course the big missing thing also are Google apps, which many of us who use Microsoft services could care less about, but apparently many people depend on them and are unwilling to switch.

For me, the current app situation is adequate, but everyone's needs are different.

CrossIsHere

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I guess its even older than that. Bcoz App Store crossed a million in Oct 2013.. And don't you think 1 year is way too much time for a comparison in present scenario?

I know WP store has grown well in past few months but don't forget that everyday more apps join android/IOS platform than WP.

Last edited:

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
They'll always be /that/ one app we don't have that other platforms have... Yes, it's getting better but it's not perfect.

For me, I have the apps I need.

sl1ckNY13

Banned
Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
The app gap isn't as bad...but there still is whoever thinks not is a *****
Instragram beta: Still in beta
Not enough bank, or local bank apps
Not enough car insurance apps
And just random little apps that just aren't there and the WAZE app blows more than the your fav girl on the corner so shut up WP fan boys

evilrob

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Read the title. " app gap? What app gap?"
It means that according to OP there is no app gap.
You could, and have, chosen to interpret it that way.

What I was getting at is that in every review people make out like there are no apps, or that those which are available are of poor quality.

I don't think that is the case. I am very happy with the quality and quantity of apps available - that's all I was saying.

evilrob

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
@evilrob totally pointless thread.If WP store serves you well then don't think that this is the case for everyone.
So you are really saying that app gap doesn't exist? Please, for God's sake don't spread wrong info. I'm a WP fan boy and I can't deny the truth that app gap exists.
I don't think it's the case for everyone. I do think that the apps available will serve most people well, most of the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss