While searching for music apps I found this app which is capable of doing Gapless playback and also has Equaliser support. Really good job by dev.
    Here is the link:
    FLAC player SD | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    Sent from my Lumia.
    08-09-2014 05:49 PM
    you could send the link aoo please?
    08-11-2014 04:06 PM
    Link is there in original post.
    Sent from my Lumia.
    08-12-2014 12:03 AM
    Has anyone been able to verify that it really does provide gapless playback? I don't have any FLAC content available right at hand, unfortunately, so I couldn't give it a valid test. What I DID do (which I realize is NOT a valid test) was to convert some MP3 tracks to FLAC (lossless copy of a lossy copy, whee!), and I *did* hear a gap between tracks, though it was just BARELY there - could easily have been a result of the file conversion or a problem with the original MP3 encoding.

I also tried the hacky workaround suggested in the app's Help site of renaming MP3 files to MPEG3 (this hackiness is NOT their fault, I should stress, but the OS's), and the gap still existed - though again, it was tiny. So again, maybe a problem with the original MP3 encoding on my test data (NMH's _In The Aeroplane Over The Sea_, purchased from Amazon) - and nowhere do the app's authors claim to support gapless playback for MP3 files anyway.

So tomorrow's experiment will be to burn a gapless CD straight to FLAC, cross my fingers, and try it out. I'll report back w/ my findings, and would appreciate anybody else's, if anybody else has found any findings. At a minimum, I'm excited that somebody's TRYING to give me gapless playback on my phone, and even my INvalid experiment suggests that these guys are at least tantalizingly close...
    08-12-2014 07:58 AM
    AW YEAH.

I finally remembered to bring in some CDs this morning to experiment with this, and it went Very Well.

Experiment #1 was ripping tracks 4 & 5 of Pink Floyd's _Wish You Were Here_ to uncompressed WAV files, then converting those to FLAC (using Audacity for Windows). They're a good reference transition, because there's an unbroken "swoosh" of white noise between the two tracks - crank that up all the way, and if there's a gap, you'll hear it.

Experiment #2 was to rip the whole CD to MP3 (default settings in my Zune client - 192 Kbps), then rename the MP3 files to MPEG3 (it's the OS's fault that you have to do that step, not the FLAC Player's devs'), and copy the files to a folder on my SD card.

Playing the FLAC files through speakers, even with the volume cranked on the transition, I didn't hear a gap at all. With the MPEG3 files, I heard a TINY one - I wouldn't have caught it if I hadn't been listening VERY hard for it. Through headphones, the gap on the MPEG3 files was a little bit easier to hear, and there was a VERY slight hiccup with the FLAC files.

This is a totally acceptable implementation of gapless playback, which is HUGE. I wish this was a paid app, because these dudes deserve to make money for doing this. It's almost embarrassing how much this has improved my day :-)

Get this app. Rate it highly. Good work like this needs to be encouraged.
    08-26-2014 07:49 AM
    AW YEAH.

I finally remembered to bring in some CDs this morning to experiment with this, and it went Very Well.

Experiment #1 was ripping tracks 4 & 5 of Pink Floyd's _Wish You Were Here_ to uncompressed WAV files, then converting those to FLAC (using Audacity for Windows). They're a good reference transition, because there's an unbroken "swoosh" of white noise between the two tracks - crank that up all the way, and if there's a gap, you'll hear it.

Experiment #2 was to rip the whole CD to MP3 (default settings in my Zune client - 192 Kbps), then rename the MP3 files to MPEG3 (it's the OS's fault that you have to do that step, not the FLAC Player's devs'), and copy the files to a folder on my SD card.

Playing the FLAC files through speakers, even with the volume cranked on the transition, I didn't hear a gap at all. With the MPEG3 files, I heard a TINY one - I wouldn't have caught it if I hadn't been listening VERY hard for it. Through headphones, the gap on the MPEG3 files was a little bit easier to hear, and there was a VERY slight hiccup with the FLAC files.

This is a totally acceptable implementation of gapless playback, which is HUGE. I wish this was a paid app, because these dudes deserve to make money for doing this. It's almost embarrassing how much this has improved my day :-)

Get this app. Rate it highly. Good work like this needs to be encouraged.

Glad you liked it. I mailed the devs for adding an option to remove ads but they said that no one is buying this app. 3 copies of this app is sold in a month worldwide.
    Really wish that WPC do a review of this because it is such a great app if you don't look at that 90's look.
    08-26-2014 01:39 PM