Favorite Apps that Appear To Be Abandoned

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Three of my favorite apps; Fantasia Paint, Weather Flow, and Cocktail Flow; have not received updates in a long, long time. The Cocktail Flow seems to have pulled their update packages as well. I have attempted to email them with no responce from Fantasia and my emails to the Cocktail and Weather Flow guys is returned as a bad address. Unfortunately it appears more and more of the best and most popular apps are being abandoned.

Two questions for everyone:

?Does anyone know what is going on with these three apps?

?Does anyone else have apps they love that they know or believe to have been abandoned?

Windowlino

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Super Calendar. The best calendar app so far, but no updates since April. Not such a long time, but the dev updated his app quiet often. Now no updates for WP 8.1, so I think it's dead. I contacted the dev but got no reaction :(
Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I understand sometimes they move onto other stuff, but I hate when they take our money... Super Calendar nickeled and dimed us to death.... and then leave the app crippled or just flat out broken. Unethical.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I expect some of these very talented app developers are more sensitive to feedback than others. Based on how some of them are treated on the main board, if you don't have a thick skin when you put your work out there, its easy to be discouraged to the point of abandoning your craft entirely. Some of these very talented developers are students and may not have the time to put into developing as they once had. If any of my speculation is true, this is probably part of the game.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I expect some of these very talented app developers are more sensitive to feedback than others. Based on how some of them are treated on the main board, if you don't have a thick skin when you put your work out there, its easy to be discouraged to the point of abandoning your craft entirely. Some of these very talented developers are students and may not have the time to put into developing as they once had. If any of my speculation is true, this is probably part of the game.
"Talented" is dead on with guys like the 'Flow' group. Weather and Cocktail flow have a personality and artistic touch that I have seem very few other devs come close to touching.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Artist Info | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

The screensaver function is beautiful and surprisingly still works just fine on WP 8.1, despite not being updated since 2012.
I e-mailed the developer regarding some issues with his (now unavailable) Music Info app for Windows 8.x about a year ago, but got no response.
The guy just disappeared, I guess. A shame, because his apps show he has a lot of talent.

Oh lord, I forgot about Johnny Westlake! I loved Artist/Music Info for my Surface. I was able to get a hold of him through Facebook and Twitter and said the app was broken and he was rewriting it for the kernel merge of WP and RT. Lets hope we see him back soon. He was an A+ developer. Sad how the best apps seem to be the ones that fade off and some crap ones hanging around and don't go away....hahahha.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Wow...unfortunately its starting to look like Fantasia Paint has also been abandoned. No updates that were mentioned and no email responses. Unfortunate because this is the most used app I have on my phone.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
There is a game I always had a few minutes for called This Or That. It was a game that existed only on WP7 and it is now abandoned on WP7. The best time waster game on any platform. I wanted to find the developer, go to his house and yell, why man, why?? Still do. What's weird is, the game still works and the reason why I can't get rid of my L900. :)

EDIT: Seems I was wrong about This Or That. I did a Bing search for the dev and lo and behold, the game still exists! I tried to re-download it from my backups and all it said was the game was no longer available. Microsoft store follies again. Anyway, This or That is now downloading on my Lumia 920. Now I can retire my L900...and mean it.

Last edited:

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Oh lord, I forgot about Johnny Westlake! I loved Artist/Music Info for my Surface. I was able to get a hold of him through Facebook and Twitter and said the app was broken and he was rewriting it for the kernel merge of WP and RT. Lets hope we see him back soon. He was an A+ developer. Sad how the best apps seem to be the ones that fade off and some crap ones hanging around and don't go away....hahahha.

Tell me his twitter handle plz.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism