How to create new section in onenote?

Piyush Jain3

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I don't know how to create new notebook and create new section in that notebook... Can anyone help me how to create them in onenote app in windows phone.... Or is the any other way to create them... Please help

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You will need to create a new section using your PC. There is no way to create new sections in the Windows Phone version of OneNote at this time.

WDavis4692

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
You will need to create a new section using your PC. There is no way to create new sections in the Windows Phone version of OneNote at this time.

This kind of nonsense really annoys me. I don't see why they couldn't have included simple features like that from the beginning. I even tried inserting images into a spreadsheet and there was no option to do so; yet another feature you can 'only do on the PC'.

I get it, MS thinks mobile office apps are something you can use 'on the go' to work on existing documents. But I digress; as more and more smartphone use becomes the norm away from a desktop computer, we - the users - increasingly find the need or ability to use our phones to do these things.

bkeran

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Yup things like these have been showing up on different things regarding the Windows Phone, and I hate it! Sometimes logic completely eludes the developers.

the whole taco

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I am new to OneNote & WP etc
so maybe it has been updated since this thread started
but isn't OneNote on WP a QuickNote so pressing + gives a new section in that Notebook.

edit:
my bad
it seems to be creating new pages in the section called Quick Notes in the Notebook

Last edited:

Magnus Blomberg

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

This costs a buck, but solves the problem. But you can use Try version to create two sections.
I wasn't trusted to add a link, but go to Store and search for Pinmore for OneNote.
BR /Magnus

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss