Can't get FB Contacts into People Hub

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Since the 8.1 update, none of my FB contact info is showing up in my People hub. I've tried the manual sync via the app with no luck. When I go into setting>email+accounts, I see my email, Twitter and LinkedIn, but not FB. When I try to add, FB isn't an option. Can anybody shed some light on my dilemma?

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I think it was me, Alexander :3

For that to work, you need to install the official app and do a sync inside the app
It's important that the sync must be successful or the FB contacts won't show up

Awashpluto99255

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Goto settings > Applications > people > filter contact list and just select facebook That's all.

P.S : U need facebook app and sync it properly.. :)

~ Hail The Fuhrer

Last edited:

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I've got the official app. I've had it for a year. It seems to have updated along with 8.1 and this is when it started. I've uninstalled the app and re-installed twice. I synced within the app about a half dozen times. 3 times it gave me the "can't sync right now" message, three times it seems to have been "successful", as it showed me last sync was a minute ago. It also syncs automatically around 9 a.m. every day from what I can tell. I'll try the filter contact list now.

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Well, growing up in a Dallas suburb, I never imagined I'd be typing this as an adult, but thanks Fuhrer! I never even knew I had the ability to filter contacts.

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Well, upon further inspection, I see that my FB contacts that have phone #s are synced. Those that only provide email addresses for contact info haven't made it into my People Hub. Honestly, I don't remember if it was like that previously. It seems like they showed up in the hub with their email addresses. Can anybody confirm if this is the case? I know my Palm always sucked up any and all contact info, even if it didn't include phone.

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Theres a toggle in that people setting where it says 'hide contacts without phone numbers'
its at the very top.
you can access it from the people hub by tappingon the 'showing contacts with phone numbers' right underneath the people heading.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos