Help coerce Sproutling to make a WP app

smoheath

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So to start things off, my wife and I are expecting our first baby come next February. Yay! We are excited and terrified. We have been looking into a good baby monitoring device/service and I came across Sproutling. It is a little wearable that can monitor your baby sleep without the hassle of audio or video devices. Here is a link:
Sproutling Baby Monitor

We really like the idea of it, but of course they only have an ios app and are working on an android one. I emailed them in hours that they would start developing an app, but they said, "We have no intention to make an app for windows. This may change in the future." It would be awesome if the WP community could pull together and inundate their inbox with kind requests to support Windows Phone. I know this is a stretch but perhaps someone could also offer his or her WP coding skills to make an app for them (they are hiring). I realize that this rarely changes their minds but I thought it was worth a shot. Thanks WP users!

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Since Fitbit now supports WP, perhaps an easier route would be to design a casing for a Fitbit device (which also does sleep monitoring), similar to the band that Sproutling offers. Added benefit would be that as your child grows, it could also be used to brag or lament about how many miles a day a toddler can run...

Congratulations on parenthood!

smoheath

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
While the fitbit idea is great, the sproutling is a little more specific than just sleep tracking. It is capable of monitoring the baby's heart rate and temperature. Therefore it can alert you via an app if something is wrong, i.e. the baby stopped breathing or rolled on its belly. After some time of learning the baby's sleep habits, it can estimate how long the baby will sleep. The reason we like it is that it doesn't require us to be constantly listening or watching either an audio or video feed. Therefore more sleep for us. Yay.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon