I use windows 7 on my laptop with no plans to upgrade. I came from android where I used to sync my task/todo lists between my gmail and phone and kept a widget on the home screen. I used this feature daily. I'm looking for a Tasks app that syncs somewhere I can read and edit them on my computer. The default calendar app syncs to outlook.com, but there is no way to pin a live tile so I can see these tasks. All of the recommended task apps either sync to Windows 8 apps of the same name, or just somewhere on skydrive. Is there one that can keep the outlook.com tasks updated? Or one that also makes a plugin for any browser? I've been looking for a couple days now without success. Thanks for your help!
    08-19-2014 07:57 AM
    I'm using this one: 2Day | Windows Phone Anwendungen + Spiele Store (Deutschland)

It can sync with outlook.com, exchange servers (even office365), it's very own 2day sync servers and ToodleDo. For me it's absolutely perfect. The UI is currently being completely revamped. As I'm part of the beta team, I can tell you that it's gorgeous and overall hands down the best task management app I've ever seen (and I've tested many).
    jjtjp and Kevin Rush like this.
    08-19-2014 08:08 AM
    What a great app! And a quick reply too! I've installed it and verified that it does indeed sync and easily. Thanks for the help.
    08-19-2014 08:27 AM
    What a great app! And a quick reply too! I've installed it and verified that it does indeed sync and easily. Thanks for the help.
    You're very welcome. I'm absolutely convinced you'll enjoy it even more once the updated UI goes live. It's amazing. :) And should you ever decide to upgrade your computer to Windows 8, there's a 2day app for it too. :D
    08-19-2014 08:29 AM
    Looks interesting although I would prefer a universal app that I buy once and that's it.
    08-19-2014 11:01 AM
    What do you mean? Seems like a single purchase to me. Am I missing something?
    08-19-2014 11:06 AM
    Both apps existed before Universal even existed. But I'll ask the dev if he considers making it universal and report back.
    08-19-2014 11:40 AM
    I've contacted him and already received a reply. But he'll pop in here personally to tell you guys about his plans about the future of 2Day. :)
    Nimdock and Kevin Rush like this.
    08-19-2014 12:44 PM
    I've contacted him and already received a reply. But he'll pop in here personally to tell you guys about his plans about the future of 2Day. :)
    Thank you for that.
    08-19-2014 01:37 PM
    Hi everyone,

I'm Jeremy the developer of 2Day. Here a sneak peak at what's coming for 2Day this fall:

• universal app licencing (a single purchase to have both WP and Windows version, price will be between $4 and $5 one time)
    • major update for the phone version (new UI, new options, etc) - for all WP 8.1 devices
    • syncing improvements (Exchange + Outlook.com based accounts)
    • light theme for the Windows 8 version
    • UI improvements for the phone version (the designer I work with to overhaul the Windows 8 version will work on this topic on September)

Please let me know if you have more questions :-)
    And thanks Mark for reaching me about this thread by email.
    Nimdock, dKp1977, pod4711 and 2 others like this.
    08-19-2014 01:43 PM
    Thanks Jeremy for not only the information, but also the great app. One question: if I buy the version I just downloaded, which I already like a lot, will I need to re-buy to get this upcoming windows phone version? In that case I will wait. I would be sort of irritated to buy it twice only weeks apart. Thanks again!
    08-19-2014 02:09 PM
    Thanks Jeremy for not only the information, but also the great app. One question: if I buy the version I just downloaded, which I already like a lot, will I need to re-buy to get this upcoming windows phone version? In that case I will wait. I would be sort of irritated to buy it twice only weeks apart. Thanks again!
    You can safely purchase it. The new, revamped version will come as an update, not as a separate new app. :)
    08-19-2014 02:30 PM
    Yes as mark says, all update are "free" once you get the app. The only downside right now is that you have to make 2 purchase to have 2Day on both Windows Phone and Windows 8.

Please also be aware that both version have a 30 free trial. So my recommendation is to get the app on both platforms with the trial. And make a single purchase once it's possible (definitively in the next 30 days) at the new price :-)
    dKp1977, KoukiFC3S and jjtjp like this.
    08-20-2014 03:10 AM
    Version 3.0 of 2Day has just gone live in the store: 2Day | Windows Phone Anwendungen + Spiele Store (Deutschland)

I think it's not universal as of yet, or the Windows 8 store doesn't already reflect the changes. Let's wait for Jrmy to pop in and give a little more detail about it. :)
    08-27-2014 05:11 AM
    Universal mode has been turned on but I guess it might takes a few more hours to show up in the store :-)
    New price is $3.99 for both apps (it was $2.99 on the phone and $5.99 on the desktop before).
    dKp1977 and pod4711 like this.
    08-27-2014 06:21 AM
    Universal mode has been turned on but I guess it might takes a few more hours to show up in the store :-)
    New price is $3.99 for both apps (it was $2.99 on the phone and $5.99 on the desktop before).
    Yay! :) Thanks for clarification. Not that it doesn't matter for me personally, as I purchased both apps ages ago. :D
    It's a shame that WPCentral never actually reviewed the app.
    08-27-2014 06:39 AM