Accuweather live tile not updating

prince078

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys.. Accuweather live tile is not updating after the today's app update.. Previously it was working fine. I'm using windows 8.1.1 on my Lumia 525.. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app but got no success.. Kindly suggest me what to do..

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Standin by a new update, it seems like accu doesn't search the current location when Lumia is in home screen mode (location icon at the top of the screen no longer appears; before the update, yes)

alphablue597

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
When i open the app, it shows me correct location and weather, that's fine. Problem is that it doesn't update live tile at all, shows me weather data from yesterday. When I change city and reinstall app, it shows only accuweather logo. Also lock screen doesn't work at all.I send them an email, still no answer...

Blackadder_100

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Had the same problem with the live tile/app updating slowly or not at all. Thought it may be to do with using a low memory device (L720). Have now switched to Blue Skies which works great.

alphablue597

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Here is the email from accuweather support:

Hello,

Thank you for using AccuWeather ? Weather for Life on your Windows Phone.

We are aware of the problem that you are experiencing, and are actively working on a solution. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We would like to provide you with a few suggestions to help troubleshoot and alleviate the problem you are experiencing.

First, unpin and then re-pin all tiles.

Next, delete the application from your device completely. Then ensure that your device is connected to your network and is receiving a signal. If you are connected, please access the marketplace or store from which you downloaded the application and reinstall it. You may also want to turn your device off.

Turn on the device and re-install the application.

If you continue to experience this issue after reinstalling the application, please provide a detailed step-by-step process of the actions you are taking that produce the error making sure to be as specific as possible. This will allow us to do exactly what you are doing to attempt to reproduce the issue and investigate further.

If you have further questions or concerns, feel free to respond to this email. Please keep the six-digit ticket number in the subject line.

Emily
AccuWeather Customer Service

Ssrki

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
From last update not working live tile on my L920 too. And lock screen not working. Tryed to uninstall and install again several times for last two days.

alphablue597

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Live tile doesn't work at all, lock screen also 😠!!!!
I send them another email from another email address, here is the answer:

Hello,

Thank you for using AccuWeather ? Weather for Life on your Windows Phone.

We are aware of the problem that you are experiencing, and are actively working on a solution. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We would like to provide you with a few suggestions to help troubleshoot and alleviate the problem you are experiencing.

First, unpin and then re-pin all tiles.

Next, delete the application from your device completely. Then ensure that your device is connected to your network and is receiving a signal. If you are connected, please access the marketplace or store from which you downloaded the application and reinstall it. You may also want to turn your device off.

Turn on the device and re-install the application.

If you continue to experience this issue after reinstalling the application, please provide a detailed step-by-step process of the actions you are taking that produce the error making sure to be as specific as possible. This will allow us to do exactly what you are doing to attempt to reproduce the issue and investigate further.

Ed

They don't even work to fix this!!!!!

Last edited:

peterharvey

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have a new Nokia Lumia 1520 6.0".

However, after updating to the WindowsPhone 8.1, the Accuweather Live Tile NO longer updates the weather.
Furthermore, once I change the Lock Screen to something else, now I can NO longer get the Accuweather Lock Screen back.

I have uninstalled, and reinstalled Accuweather several times, but to no avail.

Anyone know how to fix, or just wait for the Update?
Presently, I'm using Bing Weather, and Bing's tile updates, and Bing's lock screen works too, but Bing Weather is so boring, and Bing's lock screen doesn't provide as much information...

peterharvey

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I emailed Accuweather too, and this is their reply:

Thank you for using AccuWeather.

If you need to respond back to us or have further questions, please make sure you keep the ticket number in the subject of your email for reference purposes.

Ed

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven