Hi guys! Not really sure if this one has been raised already.. Skype background task seems not working properly. Notification, live tiles doesn't provides information that you have a message worse your not being notified that someone is calling you through Skype. Back ground task is enabled for Skype. Any reset would not fix it. I believe I've been experiencing this issue ever since... Anyone has the same?
    08-27-2014 03:58 PM
    Do you use skype on a windows phone 7.x or on 8.x ?
    08-27-2014 04:16 PM
    Latest 8.1,with update 1. Lumia 1320
    08-28-2014 06:02 AM
    Same here.

I had a stuck "1" message on my live tile this morning. I removed the tile and put it back and the message indicator went away.

Thats when I noticed that:

a) It doesn't update anymore (live tile, lock screen etc.)
    b) It doesn't notify me via Toast Pop up, notification center, or vibration of the phone.
    c) It only updates once you open the app.

The only update just recently was the Xbox Music App. There have been no OS updates since the last time it was working fine.

I rebooted and the new Live Tile on the Xbox Music App started working but nothing changed on Skype.

Using WP 8.1 Update 1 (8.10.14157.200) Lumia 930 CV
    -----------------
    UPDATE:
    -----------------

Managed to fix it by going to All Settings -> Notifications -> Skype -> Disable
    Close everything, then go back to All Settings -> Notifications -> Skype -> Enable

I also went into Battery Saver and disabled background tasks for Skype, closed everything and then went back in and enabled background tasks.

Testing after this immediately resulted in a toast banner, sound & vibration and a live tile icon showing a message.
    Last edited by seldzar; 08-28-2014 at 05:27 PM.
    08-28-2014 05:05 PM
    Same here.

I had a stuck "1" message on my live tile this morning. I removed the tile and put it back and the message indicator went away.

Thats when I noticed that:

a) It doesn't update anymore (live tile, lock screen etc.)
    b) It doesn't notify me via Toast Pop up, notification center, or vibration of the phone.
    c) It only updates once you open the app.

The only update just recently was the Xbox Music App. There have been no OS updates since the last time it was working fine.

I rebooted and the new Live Tile on the Xbox Music App started working but nothing changed on Skype.

Using WP 8.1 Update 1 (8.10.14157.200) Lumia 930 CV
    -----------------
    UPDATE:
    -----------------

Managed to fix it by going to All Settings -> Notifications -> Skype -> Disable
    Close everything, then go back to All Settings -> Notifications -> Skype -> Enable

I also went into Battery Saver and disabled background tasks for Skype, closed everything and then went back in and enabled background tasks.

Testing after this immediately resulted in a toast banner, sound & vibration and a live tile icon showing a message.

thanks and great find on how to fix the "message" notification. however, have you tried calling your skype? one issue i raised was, your logged in on skype with your windows phone but you will not be notified that someone is actually calling you. not a single notification. even a "1" on the live tiles.
    the only way you get notified is "IF" skype app is literally open. background mechanism of skype is still broken on my opinion and this is a huge bummer considering skype is owned by MS. having a fantastic skype experience could have been a fantastic marketing tool for windows phone.. but unfortunately... still way behind other platforms'....
    08-30-2014 09:25 AM
    I don't ever use Skype to call people or receive calls via it so I can't comment on that.
    09-04-2014 01:13 PM