I suppose this discussion is a very old and quite annoying one. We all know the dilemma of YouTube App on Windows phone.
    Of course there are plenty of good third party YouTube apps on WP. Of course there is the mobile site which actually works pretty nicely since wp8.1.
    But do you remember Microsoft's own "official" YouTube app?

Shouldn't it be possible to claim for an official quality app like that? I think it would be a good idea to call for a proper YouTube app on any possible social media platform! We should spam the YouTube fanpage on Facebook on twitter and anywhere we can. Let's say like weekly on one day like every Monday everyone of us post one message on YouTube fanpages!

What do you guys think?

I mean I think it is a shame not having an official app for a major service like YouTube on a more and more popular OS like Windows phone!
    09-01-2014 06:02 AM
    I suppose this discussion is a very old and quite annoying one. We all know the dilemma of YouTube App on Windows phone.
    Of course there are plenty of good third party YouTube apps on WP. Of course there is the mobile site which actually works pretty nicely since wp8.1.
    But do you remember Microsoft's own "official" YouTube app?

Shouldn't it be possible to claim for an official quality app like that? I think it would be a good idea to call for a proper YouTube app on any possible social media platform! We should spam the YouTube fanpage on Facebook on twitter and anywhere we can. Let's say like weekly on one day like every Monday everyone of us post one message on YouTube fanpages!

What do you guys think?

I mean I think it is a shame not having an official app for a major service like YouTube on a more and more popular OS like Windows phone!
    Meh. MetroTube fits the bill just fine, and I heard good things about MyTube too. Plus, an official app would show ads and would not let me save videos, things that Metrotube fixes.

Why get an "official" Youtube app if we already have that funcionality with other apps?
    a5cent likes this.
    09-01-2014 08:12 AM
    myTube is what I be using. Amazing and TBH, can't imagine an "official" app working better (in fact, I bet an official app would work worse with ads integrated into it).
    a5cent likes this.
    09-01-2014 08:23 AM
    Mytube is just amazing. Much better than any official Youtube App.
    a5cent likes this.
    09-01-2014 08:25 AM
    We've all had a moment when we've been full of hope for this sort of the thing. But the truth of the matter is Google doesn't care for Windows Phone users. They've been acting like butthole with us since Windows 8 came out when they blocked access to Gmail and the Calendar in the Windows 8 apps. Since then, we've been getting nothing from them except that official Google app which, given what it does, could be a wrapper for google.com.

Microsoft's app was shut down BY Google as well. So don't expect much from there either.

So your best bet would be to use third party apps and expect nothing from the Googs. All I wanna say is that they don't really care about us! ;)

I personally bought myTube. Never regretted it.
    a5cent likes this.
    09-01-2014 08:34 AM
    I think you must first provide a very compelling case for why we even need an official app... an official app which will never be fully official anyway, as Google will neither develop it themselves, nor will they cooperatively support MS in the endeavour to make it for them.

What exactly would the benefit be, and is that benefit worthwhile enough to have MS devote a development team towards it, who could otherwise be devoting themselves to something more important?
    09-01-2014 08:46 AM
    It's all up to Google to allow. They are the only ones that can either developer a true official client or at least allow Microsoft to publish their native client. I doubt Google will do either. The only official Google app on the Windows Phone platform is their search engine, since they make money off of advertising. The biggest way to hit google is to stop using Google search!
    09-01-2014 09:05 AM
    It's all up to Google to allow. They are the only ones that can either developer a true official client or at least allow Microsoft to publish their native client. I doubt Google will do either. The only official Google app on the Windows Phone platform is their search engine, since they make money off of advertising. The biggest way to hit google is to stop using Google search!
    They make money off of advertising from YouTube as well and are losing out on some due to WP users primarily using third-party apps. There are probably already enough WP users to make it worthwhile developing/allowing official apps for their services includes YouTube because of the advertising revenue. However, they are currently not doing so solely because they want to make it more difficult for WP to gain marketshare. In the case of iOS, the marketshare is way too large to miss out on the advertising revenue. Most people are not willing to switch from iOS and the advertising revenue likely far exceeds any potential revenue from people switching from iOS to Android. The only ways to resolve this are to either gain significant marketshare so that Google treats WP users like iOS users or to form some sort of mutual agreement between Google and Microsoft that benefits both companies.
    09-01-2014 09:19 AM
    I thought the true "official" YouTube app should come from Google........in that case Google can use any sort of restrictions or Ads as they want, but Google is sooooo stubborn they choose not to create one for Windows Phone, and all they want to do is to stop MS from publishing their own Youtube one.....way to go, Google.凸
    09-01-2014 10:14 PM
    I thought the true "official" YouTube app should come from Google........in that case Google can use any sort of restrictions or Ads as they want, but Google is sooooo stubborn they choose not to create one for Windows Phone, and all they want to do is to stop MS from publishing their own Youtube one.....way to go, Google.凸
    Well technically yes, if it's official it should come from Google. But Facebook is the "official" app but it's made by Microsoft. It all depends how you see it.

But yes, Google and the content creators are losing advertisement money. So Google should react... but won't.
    09-02-2014 05:00 AM
    Somehow google does not provide official application : 3
    09-02-2014 10:35 AM