The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
09-18-2014 06:58 PM
108 1234 ...
tools
    Cant wait for it to arrive. I use Opera on my desktop and want that experience on my phone.
    09-04-2014 12:55 PM
    Cant wait for it to arrive. I use Opera on my desktop and want that experience on my phone.
    Opera has been my default browser for about 7yrs. Love it. Unfortunately 12.xx (last version) doesn't open hotmail (live account) and some websites don't support it forcing you use IE, FF, GC... I'm forced to use Opera 24.0 now. It works as all others, but I don't like that its based on Google Chromes' thing. And I hate GC because for each tab it "starts" new process in Task Manager
    Felix Bank likes this.
    09-04-2014 01:17 PM
    Opera has closed beta invitations now. We should expect a download link for beta app pretty soon.
    09-04-2014 01:57 PM
    I find UC freezes alot on my M8. Not sure why that is, but I welcome any new browser to windows phone as its just nice to have choices. I've been an opera mini fan from way back, bring it on.
    09-04-2014 02:26 PM
    I'm eagerly awaiting my invitation! I'm testing the Opera browser now on my study laptop and I must say I'm pretty impressed by its performance compared to Firefox, which was pretty laggy with loading pages.
    09-04-2014 03:16 PM
    Missed that great chance. Patiently waiting for the app. I've been using it for a long time.
    09-05-2014 10:55 AM
    Its lucky Friday guys....Do you think the BETA link will be available for download today ?
    09-05-2014 12:58 PM
    It's late in Europe, so I doubt.
    09-05-2014 01:00 PM
    Suddenly MS removed all Fake Opera browser from the windows phone store
    I'm afraid one got left out. And this one has lotta reviews too.
    Opera - Mini | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    09-05-2014 01:42 PM
    Just wanted to say that Mozilla did make Firefox for WP, but abandoned it.
    09-05-2014 04:03 PM
    Just wanted to say that Mozilla did make Firefox for WP, but abandoned it.
    Are you sure ? never heard of that. I know they developed Firefox for Windows 8 but abandoned it later on but that was not for WP.
    09-05-2014 05:07 PM
    I signed up and am eager to give it a try. I don't do much web browsing on my phone but have enjoyed Opera on other phones.
    09-05-2014 05:44 PM
    Are you sure ? never heard of that. I know they developed Firefox for Windows 8 but abandoned it later on but that was not for WP.
    Yeah, i work on the Mozilla support page. It was for WP7, They abandoned it awhile ago. You can search on google for more information if you'd like :)
    09-06-2014 10:08 AM
    I'm eagerly awaiting my invitation! I'm testing the Opera browser now on my study laptop and I must say I'm pretty impressed by its performance compared to Firefox, which was pretty laggy with loading pages.
    For some computers, it's actually the processer on some computers.. But yes, opera is the fastest browser, Hence it's nickname "The Speed King".
    09-06-2014 10:13 AM
    For some computers, it's actually the processer on some computers.. But yes, opera is the fastest browser, Hence it's nickname "The Speed King".
    I never understood why Opera for Windows had such a low marketshare. It invented pretty much all the features people love about Firefox and Chrome. Be it tabbed browsing, password/history/favorites sync across devices, the first really usable Debugging Tools (DragonFly) and the most customizable settings I've ever seen (enter opera:config in the address bar). The latter is even working on the mobile browsers, which even lets you spoof a custom user agent. Damn sweet.
    I don't like that they shifted away from their own engine though. Webkit sucks.
    09-07-2014 09:53 AM
    I never understood why Opera for Windows had such a low marketshare. It invented pretty much all the features people love about Firefox and Chrome. Be it tabbed browsing, password/history/favorites sync across devices, the first really usable Debugging Tools (DragonFly) and the most customizable settings I've ever seen (enter opera:config in the address bar). The latter is even working on the mobile browsers, which even lets you spoof a custom user agent. Damn sweet.
    I don't like that they shifted away from their own engine though. Webkit sucks.

The last legacy version of desktop Opera for Windows (Opera 12.x) was so slow I thought I had dialup internet. I couldn't stand the slowness and got rid of it. It was slow without even having multiple tabs open. No other desktop Windows browser ran so slow on my PC.
    Lance_WPCentral likes this.
    09-07-2014 11:02 AM
    The last legacy version of desktop Opera for Windows (Opera 12.x) was so slow I thought I had dialup internet. I couldn't stand the slowness and got rid of it. It was slow without even having multiple tabs open. No other desktop Windows browser ran so slow on my PC.

Hmm, have you tried to newly install it? I've ever seen Opera be anything but blazing fast. oO
    09-07-2014 11:07 AM
    Hmm, have you tried to newly install it? I've ever seen Opera be anything but blazing fast. oO
    I haven't installed the latest version of opera mini for pc
    But the previous ones r not "blazing fast" ON my pc too
    And my pc specs r quite decent
    09-08-2014 09:52 AM
    I haven't installed the latest version of opera mini for pc
    But the previous ones r not "blazing fast" ON my pc too
    And my pc specs r quite decent

There is no Opera Mini for PC. That's a mobile only browser. However, if Opera isn't fast on your computer, then there's definitely something wrong. It has never been slow for me, regardless of the version. Unlike the RAM hog that Firefox has become after 3.6. Horrible. Chrome is also fast, but consumes too much RAM imho too.
    09-08-2014 10:47 AM
    Opera was never faster than any other browser on my pc either. I ended up removing it. Now mini on my phone was a different story. I do hope it works well for WP.
    09-08-2014 10:53 AM
    Have been using opera mini since s40 days(2700 was the phone). Worked like charm even with a 2G connection
    09-08-2014 11:22 AM
    There is no Opera Mini for PC. That's a mobile only browser. However, if Opera isn't fast on your computer, then there's definitely something wrong. It has never been slow for me, regardless of the version. Unlike the RAM hog that Firefox has become after 3.6. Horrible. Chrome is also fast, but consumes too much RAM imho too.
    I think chrome is one of the best browser for pc 💻
    Much better than the IE nd Opera
    But Opera is the best browser for Mobile Devices (Android,Symbian)
    They should provide the same experience with wp version
    09-08-2014 01:27 PM
    Well, here it is: Opera Mini browser - beta | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

And it's not that good I'm afraid. All the buttons and stuff are so small, loading of web pages takes FOREVER and it's not that good looking. Opera Mini has never been my favorite, I like the regular Opera browser. The only thing this one does so much better than other browsers are the tabs. They are GREAT!

But it's a BETA..much can happen. If they fix the rendering and the slowness it might be usable. :)
    Last edited by Tafsern; 09-09-2014 at 08:21 AM.
    09-09-2014 08:07 AM
    Did not get email notification but able to download this beta :-)
    I'll give it a try now!
    09-09-2014 08:17 AM
    Well, here it is: Opera Mini browser - beta | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

And it's not that good I'm afraid. All the buttons and stuff are so small, loading of web pages takes FOREVER and it's not that good looking. Opera Mini has never been my favorite, I like the regular Opera browser. The only thing this one does so much better than other browsers are the tabs. They are GREAT!

But it's a BETA..much can happen. If they fix the rendering and the slowness it might be usable. :)
    Thanks for sharing the link with us. Did you get an e-mail notification from Opera or you found it in the store by yourself ?

Did not get email notification but able to download this beta :-)
    I'll give it a try now!
    Even I didn't receive an email from Opera yet. Or maybe they are pushing out the mails slowly.
    09-09-2014 08:29 AM
108 1234 ...