OPERA mini for Windows Phone Discussion

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Guess what, its the same here. It worked once i caught wind of it and installed it yesterday morning, but not anymore, indicating to me its a server-side change that broke it.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Guess what, its the same here. It worked once i caught wind of it and installed it yesterday morning, but not anymore, indicating to me its a server-side change that broke it.

If it were a server side issue, every user would suffer the same. But that's not the case. It's working perfectly fine on my 1520. But the Opera forums are full of posts complaining about crashes, so it's no doubt a very wide spread issue.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If it were a server side issue, every user would suffer the same. But that's not the case. It's working perfectly fine on my 1520. But the Opera forums are full of posts complaining about crashes, so it's no doubt a very wide spread issue.

I've a 1520. Yesterday's install from the WPC article link worked for me yesterday and this AM.

That version is now gone from public search on the Store.

I got the email invite today and followed that link. It shows an update with today's date, but my phone wouldn't update. Looking inside tha (still functioning) app installed yesterday showed a version number of 2.x.x or some such. Looking at the version number of the app from the invite email of today shows a version 0.9.0.1

Thinking the "leaked" link of yesterday's article is not as official as today's Beta Test invite... I uninstalled Opera Mini and reinstalled from the Beta Test invite email link.

Now Opera Mini crashes on boot.

Here's the link: Opera Mini - beta | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Under App requires, note that HD1080p is missing...

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've a 1520. Yesterday's install from the WPC article link worked for me yesterday and this AM.

That version is now gone from public search on the Store.

I got the email invite today and followed that link. It shows an update with today's date, but my phone wouldn't update. Looking inside tha (still functioning) app installed yesterday showed a version number of 2.x.x or some such. Looking at the version number of the app from the invite email of today shows a version 0.9.0.1

Thinking the "leaked" link of yesterday's article is not as official as today's Beta Test invite... I uninstalled Opera Mini and reinstalled from the Beta Test invite email link.

Now Opera Mini crashes on boot.

Here's the link: Opera Mini - beta | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Under App requires, note that HD1080p is missing...

Requirement != supported. If it required full HD, it wouldn't run on any device other than the 930, Icon and 1520 (if I didn't miss any).
I've received the email this morning as well, the link is the very same that has been "leaked" yesterday.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just looked into the Opera forum... 7 pages of complaints about crashes.

The link on the WPC article now goes to what is in the Beta Test Invite email... But public search on WP Store showed app yesterday, not today... That probably is the store then.

All I know is the version number inside yesterday's install does not match what is shown on the app download page today. My app would not update so I uninstalled yesterday's to get the version marked today... Now I have a crashing app where it worked previously.

About HD1080p missing. I thought maybe it was a resize issue. However from the number of complaints about crash it is not resize based on the variety of devices reporting that match sizes specified in App Requires.

Best Advice:​ If you have yesterday's install and it is working... Do not update or uninstall to install today's version. Not until the crash issue gets sorted.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Still slow loading. I accidentally typed ..com and it took few seconds to figure out that it's a mistake. IE figured out almost immediately.

Also, why the hell the address bar is seen only on the top of web page? What if I scroll down in a long website, then I should still back to the top to type lol.

Last edited:

Sentient Golf Ball

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
The latest update has fixed things for me. :) As a PAYG user I could see myself using this for the light browsing I do on my phone.

I hope they change the UI though.

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Latest update today, can't goto any websites now. ~.~
----------------------------------
Uninstalled and reinstalled now crashes after boot. I'm done.

Last edited:

JobSteves

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Was working but I continued to use IE. A few minutes tried to see if I could use the steps posted to set bing as the default. It crashed. Uninstalled and crashed again. Oh well it's just a beta. I'm sure the Opera team is hard at work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb