OPERA mini for Windows Phone Discussion

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Today OPERA took all of us by surprise when they announced Opera Mini for Windows Phone. Its going to be a great addition to the Windows Phone store. After a long time we are seeing a highly anticipated app make its way into the store.

I have made this thread to discuss anything and everything about the app. Currently they have launched the BETA program and its going to kick off pretty soon. So go ahead and post all your views, queries and answers.

Opera Mini for Windows Phone - Opera Software

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I think the reason why no one has received the download link even after completing the signup is probably because they have submitted the app and its up for certification. So once that's done they will release the BETA link to all.

ahmadsamhann

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
yes we have great alternative like Surfy and UC. but it's good to see Opera showing their love for WP platform.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

akhilesh520

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I feel the same, but thing is that Opera has performed lot better in other devices compared to the inbuilt browsers. So we are hoping that Opera for windows will be much better compared to UC or IE.:smile:

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
IE always better browser than anything else., sign up has done and expecting Opera Beta to hit the store soon, . It will be best competitive for the the other browsers in the store.,

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
IE isn't good in my phone.
Many websites doesn't work properly.
IE crashes very often on heavy websites.

I think Opera Mini will be better for my phone.
&
It will also improve battery life in browsing because processing not happen in phone.

ReconVirus

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Can't wait, might even try going back to the desktop browser again if it works pretty well (minus the beta problem which I can over look :) )

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Firefox is the only browser who has ignored WP leaving aside Chrome (which is never going to come)
I hope they look at Opera and get some inspiration to build a Firefox browser for WP.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Firefox is the only browser who has ignored WP leaving aside Chrome (which is never going to come)
I hope they look at Opera and get some inspiration to build a Firefox browser for WP.

I'd definitely love Firefox for Windows Phone. I use Firefox on my PCs as the default browser, mainly because I also use Linux and like the sync features.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site

Your are also forgetting Dolphin.

Well it's not Firefox fault, it's solely MS.
Because of WP restrictions no other browser can work on WP

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Your are also forgetting Dolphin.

Well it's not Firefox fault, it's solely MS.
Because of WP restrictions no other browser can work on WP

This, Sir, is far from the truth. It used to be like that, yes. But things have changed in the meantime. Apps may now be build using C++, hence a very own browser engine, which is not build upon Trident, is absolutely possible. It's up to Mozilla, Google and whoever makes browsers, to port theirs over to WP.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Suddenly MS removed all Fake Opera browser from the windows phone store

Good move, was about time. Hopefully that's not the end. There are so many obvious fake apps in the store that should be removed alltogether with their devs, or their accounts respectively. Quality > quantity.

I'm wondering though what's taking Opera so long to publish the app. The fact that you had to subscribe using your Microsoft account indicates, that it's not going to be a public beta like Instagram or the likes. And private betas which require an invitation don't go the usual certification route, hence take about 2 hours from upload to published state.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss