OPERA mini for Windows Phone Discussion

vk1971

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Opera's rendering of the pages confuses me. Check for m.wpcentral.com in UC/IE and Opera mini. Apologies for not posting screenshots.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Instead of moving installed app to Phone storage, I would suggest to uninstall it first and then make a change in storage sense settings to store app in phone storage and then reinstall it. That may help!

TuanLVT

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
i downloaded it and installed it, but when i open it, it stucks here on the loading page, nothing happens...
loading graphic bar shows on 1/6 loaded but nothing happens after that.... and uner it, it has some arabic language wrote under the loading bar

Im using Windows Phone 8.1.1 prev.dev. with Nokia Lumia 1020 Cyan update

wp_ss_20140910_0001.png

Last edited:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys, I recently posted a link to a work around I found in adding bing http://forums.windowscentral.com/wpcentral-com-news-discussion/309773-opera-mini-browser-beta-windows-phone-now-available.html#post2757105 as your default search engine which has been updated to my recent findings / experiences. In order to consolidate these, I'm going to double post here with some wording tweaks otherwise it wouldn't make sense:

According to Legoboyii (link below), you can add a search engine via a long press on the search bar - this was the first thing I tried and did not work for me also on various re installs (hence why you see the attached screenshots in guide linked above have no particular order :p). However I just re-installed again and confirm his method works, but appear to be suffering from stability issues as I cannot load any websites let alone reload bing.com. Furthermore the search engine now defaults to Google.com upon restarting the app. When i posted the guide I tested it via cold boot & soft reset yet the app loaded with Bing as the default search engine.

To compound matters another re-install has resulted in the app now crashing on first start up therefore cannot get past the T & C screen to accept. This is truly a unstable build...

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-apps/309864-opera-mini-beta-wp-quick-guide.html

Edit: Re-installed, did a cold boot, app still crashes, soft reset and app still crashes before loading the T & S after another re-install. This is looking more and more like an alpha / nightly build to me lol...

Biggzie666

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Very disappointed ... Since upgrading to 8.1, IE is rubbish on my phone, so Ive gone to UC Browser which isn't great, so I was hoping Opera Mini would be a better option ...

Unfortunately after installing, it wont even open & crashes out straight away. ... very disapointed

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Very disappointed ... Since upgrading to 8.1, IE is rubbish on my phone, so Ive gone to UC Browser which isn't great, so I was hoping Opera Mini would be a better option ...

Unfortunately after installing, it wont even open & crashes out straight away. ... very disapointed

It's a beta, not even 1.0 version.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I know its a beta ... but it would be nice if it even started ...

I agree, I can't even get the silly app to load anymore.. instant crash on loading lol.

I'm surprised there are 43 reviews but there I can't see any reviews (currently rated at 3.1)... just get "No one has reviewed this yet", guess it is going to take time for the reviews to populate.

Ritesh Bhatia

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Not able to access youtube videos on Opera Mini. when i click on some video to play, it says you need to install an app for this task and when i click yes it says no app available.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Instead of moving installed app to Phone storage, I would suggest to uninstall it first and then make a change in storage sense settings to store app in phone storage and then reinstall it. That may help!
Today finally I got the mail from Opera with the link. There was an update available for the app. after installing the update, the app is opening properly and working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb